All-Star Duel In The Desert...predictions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Spirit sports always gives one coed bid and one all girl team. They did what they needed to do and hit a good routine twice! Well deserved win POWER <3

Spirit sports always gives one coed bid and one all girl team. They did what they needed to do and hit a good routine twice! Well deserved win POWER <3
In the past they have always given 1 Coed & 1 AG but this year they announced that the bids could go both to Coed teams or both to AG or one each like past years.

Also one thing that kind of makes me think is why the bid went to CF Infinity over Smoed? CF was definitely very good this weekend and deserving of the bid as well, but in my opinion they won't make it to day 2 of worlds, that division is cut throat and they don't have a toss or unassisted team stunt section (I know someone's going to say that their stunt is a toss stunt but it's not, it originates on the ground with the full up to shoulders and when they go up from shoulders that is the same as going up from smoosh, no toss element) Once again I'm not saying they did not deserve the bid BUT from a business stand point Spirit Sports will be spending more money on this team since they are larger, and they will very likely only compete day 1 of Worlds. Hopefully I won't get my head chopped off for voicing my opinion, I'm just curious if anyone sees this as I do?

In the past they have always given 1 Coed & 1 AG but this year they announced that the bids could go both to Coed teams or both to AG or one each like past years.

Also one thing that kind of makes me think is why the bid went to CF Infinity over Smoed? CF was definitely very good this weekend and deserving of the bid as well, but in my opinion they won't make it to day 2 of worlds, that division is cut throat and they don't have a toss or unassisted team stunt section (I know someone's going to say that their stunt is a toss stunt but it's not, it originates on the ground with the full up to shoulders and when they go up from shoulders that is the same as going up from smoosh, no toss element) Once again I'm not saying they did not deserve the bid BUT from a business stand point Spirit Sports will be spending more money on this team since they are larger, and they will very likely only compete day 1 of Worlds. Hopefully I won't get my head chopped off for voicing my opinion, I'm just curious if anyone sees this as I do?

Hi just wanted to let you know that we still have parts of our routine that we have still not revealed, and we have taken into account the new USASF rules for maxing out in stunts.
smile.png

i see what you're saying.. & for the most part i agree with you! :)

but by the time worlds comes around.. i think they could change it if they know what they have to do to hit the score sheet higher. but its true as to what you stated!

Did Spirit Sports choose the bid by the highest scores or preference? Just wondering, because that would make a difference on who they give the bid to. Smoed is a great team, but they were not perfect and their score would reflect that. Everyone had high hopes for this team getting the paid bid including me, but it all comes down to who hits a great routine 2 days in a row and who might be a good representation of Spirit Sports at Worlds. Not necessarily if they will make it day 2. Just voicing my opinion and not chopping of a head. lol!!

Did Spirit Sports go by highest scores and not preference? Just wondering, because that would make a difference on who they give the bid to. Smoed is a great team, but they were not perfect and their score would reflect that. Everyone had high hopes for this team getting the paid bid including me, but it all comes down to who hits a great routine 2 days in a row and who might be a good representation of Spirit Sports at Worlds. Not necessarily if they will make it day 2. Just voicing my opinion and not chopping of a head. lol!!

Regardless of what decision process is announced it is ultimately up to the judges/board/james speed/whoever's in charge for this comp. Also if it comes down to "who hits the routine 2 days in a row" then shouldn't it be Smoed? CF dropped day one and day 2 a girl was dropped on her back from a cradle in the front of the pyramid, day 1 Smoed hit and day 2 the back left stunt double downed and then her feet hit the floor so that counts as a drop. lmao like I said before nothing against either team and they both did amazing I'm excited to see what Infinity changes in their routine!

Did Spirit Sports choose the bid by the highest scores or preference? Just wondering, because that would make a difference on who they give the bid to. Smoed is a great team, but they were not perfect and their score would reflect that. Everyone had high hopes for this team getting the paid bid including me, but it all comes down to who hits a great routine 2 days in a row and who might be a good representation of Spirit Sports at Worlds. Not necessarily if they will make it day 2. Just voicing my opinion and not chopping of a head. lol!!

i know they did it by the performance percentage..

Regardless of what decision process is announced it is ultimately up to the judges/board/james speed/whoever's in charge for this comp. Also if it comes down to "who hits the routine 2 days in a row" then shouldn't it be Smoed? CF dropped day one and day 2 a girl was dropped on her back from a cradle in the front of the pyramid, day 1 Smoed hit and day 2 the back left stunt double downed and then her feet hit the floor so that counts as a drop. lmao like I said before nothing against either team and they both did amazing I'm excited to see what Infinity changes in their routine!

I didnt know the exact rules of who receives the bid. I was just curious. I believe Cheerforce still had the higher percentage score?? Personally, I only saw cheerforce one day and Smoed one day. Smoed also had a tumbling pass fall to his bottom and yes that would be a deduction along with the possible bobble from the stunt. Either way I dont think Smoed will have a problem with getting a paid bid somewhere else. They are very talented.

Back