OT Duffle Bags Vs. Backpacks: Which Is Better?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I had a duffle bag one year for HS cheer and absolutely hated it... It was always so awkward to carry... I'm a boy though and didn't have to carry around Pom poms, so I had plenty of room... It was just very clunky and annoying. I'm deff a fan of a backpack. A middle school team I work with has backpacks and puts their Pom poms on the side pockets where you would usually put your water bottle... One on each side... Just a thought

When I coached, we used duffel bags, so did the girls... now that CP is on an allstar team she got the infinity backpack for her bday/xmas present and I think its so much easier... she has 3 huge compartments, and like 2 or 3 small ones... so much easier to carry then the duffel bag. I used to carry the duffel bag and at comps I would hit anyone with it if you happen to be in my walking path... I would be apologizing the entire time... that was frustrating... her new backpack she's able to fit her make up bag, hairspray, other hair accessories, her sneakers, uggs, warmups, and still have room for snacks and uses the smaller compartments for smaller things... she loves it... I'm about to get myself one but not all sparkly lol

me personally I'm a backpack person. More so because carry duffle bags drives me absolutely insane. If my bag is heavy, I would rather feel the burn of the straps on both shoulders than one lol because with one strap, I keep bouncing it from one arm to the other and it gets super annoying real quick. I am also a very short human being, and no matter how much the straps adjust on a duffle, I just can't seem to find a good length to keep it at, and then it awkwardly bangs against my legs as I walk and just about takes me out. and I can't help but walk like there's a stick up my butt lol I've always used under armor backpacks. allstar, college, and even now for work (I'm an ATC so the layers of clothing issue also still applies to me). I swear they are a bottomless pit. I use to bring so much useless crap I didn't need to competitions and still had room to spare for other stuff. During football and soccer season I normally carry an under armor top and bottoms, my rain pants and rain jacket, a quarter zip, a zip up, sometimes my other fuzzy northface or a hoodie, my hat, gloves, wool socks, hand and foot warmers, my binder in case I need to write up an eval, my personal belongings like my wallet, charger, etc, a lunch box of easy to go food, and my water. yep, I fit all that in my backpack. granted, I look like a turtle or something when i walk around, but it all fits comfortably inside and isn't heavy or awkward to carry. I really recommend investing in one. Mine came with a life time warranty too, which is awesome. The only sad part is, I don't think they make my specific one anymore :( I'll check it out and if I find it I'll post a link!

Back