All-Star Dylan's True Story

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 9, 2011
I'm going to preface this by saying, first and foremost, I don't cheer anymore. I don't really care about cheer anymore. The only thing I care about is that my friends who still cheer are in a positive environment and are successful. I don't watch this show because it's pretty obvious that so much of it is egged on by the producers. I mean, really, who's sitting around on the countertop or the sofa with those cameras in their face saying "Guys did you hear about...?" That's unnatural and provoked and it's just plain stupid in my opinion. That being said, someone told me to watch this new episode on the app (the Dylan episode) because they knew it would be of interest to me.

Dylan is a great kid, incredibly talented and humble. He is unique and kind and, in the opinion of myself and many others, he did NOT deserve what was said about him. But who would? He is a TEENAGER. I think you are all forgetting that. No teenager deserves to have that sort of stuff said about them on the internet. That is pitting the crazed Smoed fans against him and that is crap. The cyber bullies down at AwesomenessTV need to get it together. They exploited his life and twisted things to make him look bad, and it is not at all fair to him. Now he has all these random children running around HATING him because fof a FREAKING webshow that is run by adults. You probably wouldn't like walking into a gym and hearing people say these kinds of things about someone you know and love (or about your child or yourself)... And that's in a small parent room. This is on YouTube, blasted for the world to see. One can only imagine how much this hurt Dylan (probably a lot more than he hurt the team, according to the sob stories shown on the show).

I think a major reason this hurt Dylan is because so much of the real events of Dylan leaving were swept under the rug. The show only cares about making Smoed look better. Notice any other athlete that has left: it's always been because they're selfish, not because of anything Smoed did. When Jenee left last year, she was put on blast on Twitter. The show set out to make her family look terrible. The athletes on the show cried... These same athletes were tweeting horribly mean things directed toward Jenee the very next day. They didn't reach out to her when she left. They just acted upset on the show then moved on with life, cyberbullying her. This has happened with just about every single person who has left.. They're then made out to be the villains. And I think that greatly shows that they made the right decision in leaving. I wouldn't want to be on a team of people who are willing to treat me like that either.

Now, here are some facts about Dylan leaving:
- The stunt group wasn't working. Eddie refused to make a change and Dylan's shoulder was injured as a result.
- Eddie was gone all summer.
- He was told to lie about his girlfriend.
- He didn't answer because when they got ahold of his dad, they threatened to have Dylan deported.

Those are just a few of the reasons why Dylan made the decision to leave. One final point is that Eddie said they don't take kids from other programs during the season because that's unethical. I think it's important that I point out that Robert was acquired in November & Gabby in January.... Dylan left in October.

I know this is long but I think this is an important lesson to not listen to everything you hear on that show. These athletes are TEENAGERS. They do not deserve to be treated this way for making a personal decision to leave a program. It's CHEERLEADING. Nothing about cheerleading is so important that it should lead to this athletes being bullied by thousands of people (on Twitter, Instagram, etc.).

Was this supposed to be directed at people on here? Because I feel like almost everybody on here thought that episode was disgusting, too (minus the few "Smoed groupies" as I have named them). Idk, maybe I missed something, but I feel like there would be a better audience for this post on a different social media site haha.

I think it sucks for everyone involved. Too many people (even grown ups) get hung up on a misplaced loyalty instead of honoring the fact that making a move like that definitely means something was drastically wrong. Even if you don't understand it or agree, know that it needed to be done...for the best of everyone involved.

I have said it before, I could never compete at the level they do, and I definitely couldn't handle the cameras. I hit my breaking point just thinking about it!

Dylan left because he thought the hole smoed-web show thing make him look fake. That's what I saw from what his Dad posted on Twitter.... now Dylan is on Cheer Extreme Coed Elite

I would imagine if I moved halfway across the world for a job, only to get there and find out my boss went on extended vacation along with half my team...I would be pretty put off. Just from what I saw on social media over the summer it appears that some members of Smoed spent more time pimping themselves and the various camps they were paid to be at then actually practicing.
Their only fault was getting involved in that sh** show to begin with. It wasn't like the show just started when he showed up, they knew going in that ATV was filming and what type of show it was. He probably should have just taken is chances with Cheetahs or Coed Elite to begin with.

I would imagine if I moved halfway across the world for a job, only to get there and find out my boss went on extended vacation along with half my team...I would be pretty put off. Just from what I saw on social media over the summer it appears that some members of Smoed spent more time pimping themselves and the various camps they were paid to be at then actually practicing.
Their only fault was getting involved in that sh** show to begin with. It wasn't like the show just started when he showed up, they knew going in that ATV was filming and what type of show it was. He probably should have just taken is chances with Cheetahs or Coed Elite to begin with.
To quote another of my favorite shows...also set in California(cation)...

Church.

#fistbump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan left because he thought the hole smoed-web show thing make him look fake. That's what I saw from what his Dad posted on Twitter.... now Dylan is on Cheer Extreme Coed Elite

That is a small part of the reason. I spoke to him about the real reason prior to typing this post. I then put some of those reasons in my original post. Him looking fake is not at all the main reason he left. I think he knew the show had a habit of making people look that way prior to joining the team.

I feel like this is going to blow up bigger than anyone else leaving to date...even Gabi, because her fans love her and weren't going to turn on her. To the OP, I think you're preaching to the choir here but I'd suggest c/ping into the youtube comments on Sunday.

In all of this, my heart breaks for Dylan because he doesn't deserve this---poor kid comes to this country to train with the best and wasn't met with the best. I'm glad to see he and Jenee seemed to have formed a friendship and hopefully she can be a source of comfort/advice while the claws come his way.

/headnod :shimmy: :rays::chestbump:

I'm going to preface this by saying, first and foremost, I don't cheer anymore. I don't really care about cheer anymore. The only thing I care about is that my friends who still cheer are in a positive environment and are successful. I don't watch this show because it's pretty obvious that so much of it is egged on by the producers. I mean, really, who's sitting around on the countertop or the sofa with those cameras in their face saying "Guys did you hear about...?" That's unnatural and provoked and it's just plain stupid in my opinion. That being said, someone told me to watch this new episode on the app (the Dylan episode) because they knew it would be of interest to me.

Dylan is a great kid, incredibly talented and humble. He is unique and kind and, in the opinion of myself and many others, he did NOT deserve what was said about him. But who would? He is a TEENAGER. I think you are all forgetting that. No teenager deserves to have that sort of stuff said about them on the internet. That is pitting the crazed Smoed fans against him and that is crap. The cyber bullies down at AwesomenessTV need to get it together. They exploited his life and twisted things to make him look bad, and it is not at all fair to him. Now he has all these random children running around HATING him because fof a FREAKING webshow that is run by adults. You probably wouldn't like walking into a gym and hearing people say these kinds of things about someone you know and love (or about your child or yourself)... And that's in a small parent room. This is on YouTube, blasted for the world to see. One can only imagine how much this hurt Dylan (probably a lot more than he hurt the team, according to the sob stories shown on the show).

I think a major reason this hurt Dylan is because so much of the real events of Dylan leaving were swept under the rug. The show only cares about making Smoed look better. Notice any other athlete that has left: it's always been because they're selfish, not because of anything Smoed did. When Jenee left last year, she was put on blast on Twitter. The show set out to make her family look terrible. The athletes on the show cried... These same athletes were tweeting horribly mean things directed toward Jenee the very next day. They didn't reach out to her when she left. They just acted upset on the show then moved on with life, cyberbullying her. This has happened with just about every single person who has left.. They're then made out to be the villains. And I think that greatly shows that they made the right decision in leaving. I wouldn't want to be on a team of people who are willing to treat me like that either.

Now, here are some facts about Dylan leaving:
- The stunt group wasn't working. Eddie refused to make a change and Dylan's shoulder was injured as a result.
- Eddie was gone all summer.
- He was told to lie about his girlfriend.
- He didn't answer because when they got ahold of his dad, they threatened to have Dylan deported.

Those are just a few of the reasons why Dylan made the decision to leave. One final point is that Eddie said they don't take kids from other programs during the season because that's unethical. I think it's important that I point out that Robert was acquired in November & Gabby in January.... Dylan left in October.

I know this is long but I think this is an important lesson to not listen to everything you hear on that show. These athletes are TEENAGERS. They do not deserve to be treated this way for making a personal decision to leave a program. It's CHEERLEADING. Nothing about cheerleading is so important that it should lead to this athletes being bullied by thousands of people (on Twitter, Instagram, etc.).

I won't comment on what you have written because I don't know anything about the details of Dylan leaving but... I will say that Eddie was not gone all summer. He's my daughter's coach on her team so I was aware of who was in the gym. Yes, he did travel, as most everyone does in the summer, but he was also there in the gym coaching.

I just don't want everyone going on some tangent with the assumption that he wasn't there at all. That is an exaggeration, in my opinion.

I won't comment on what you have written because I don't know anything about the details of Dylan leaving but... I will say that Eddie was not gone all summer. He's my daughter's coach on her team so I was aware of who was in the gym. Yes, he did travel, as most everyone does in the summer, but he was also there in the gym coaching.

I just don't want everyone going on some tangent with the assumption that he wasn't there at all. That is an exaggeration, in my opinion.

This whole post seems like an exaggeration, but I digress :banghead:

Back