OT East Coast Snow

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
so this might be a dumb question, but does anyone go to work? cheer? or does everything just completely shut down?!

Well supposively there is a "state of emergency" and we're all not allowed to drive on the roads or you'll get fined. Then most updates from gyms they've cancelled practices.

Well supposively there is a "state of emergency" and we're all not allowed to drive on the roads or you'll get fined. Then most updates from gyms they've cancelled practices.
What state are you in??

A gym I'm a fan of on facebook closed (they are in an area of ~20"). Just looking at some gym websites, ECE is closed. Sparks is opening at 3pm. And a few more are closed.

so this might be a dumb question, but does anyone go to work? cheer? or does everything just completely shut down?!

My gym cancelled practices. But most people have to go to work unless stores close which would be very unlikely. Unless the power went out. Seriously the funniest thing ever is watching everyone rush to the grocery store and gas stations right before a storm. In my town, one of the gas stations ran out of gas yesterday haha..

I was getting so nervous with the wind last night that we would have ANOTHER power outage. Last year, in Febuary we were without power for at least 4 days and the year before that I was out of school from December 12 to 23. We had one day of school before Christmas break. That time my power was out for about a week and a half.

OH around here everyone panics and bum rushes the grocery stores for milk, bread and eggs. Apparently the only thing you can eat during a snow storm is French Toast.

3 days of rain is about all I can take, and don't let it get under 70degrees, because then I'm freezing! Under 60 and all our doggies have to stay inside, they're afraid of strong winds, thunder, lightning and any rain. (Earthquakes they can handle=))

OH around here everyone panics and bum rushes the grocery stores for milk, bread and eggs. Apparently the only thing you can eat during a snow storm is French Toast.
around here, we panic when it starts drizzling. my school locked us in because it was raining too hard... apparently, rain is now dangerous?

Everything in Maine was cancelled and closed or closed early today. A smaller storm stuff will usually stay open. This was like a blizzard today.

The storm that is now hitting the east coast was here on the west coast last week. My daughter is working at Mammoth Lakes, a ski area in central California. In four days last week, they had over 10 feet of snow!! It rained so hard here in San Diego, I thought my house was going to float away.

Where I live in Jersey we have close to three feet with 5 foot snow drifts! Of course my towns snow plows broke so my street has yet to be touched... Ive been stuck in this house for 48 hours!

Aw I wish it would snow here every once in a while :( All I get during winter is rain and fog

Back