OT Elderly Bus Monitor Gets Bullied By School Children

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
Seeing as the Fierceboard is against bullying in a big way, I thought you all needed to see this. I don't know how many of you have seen this, but it's truly horrific. This happened Monday near Rochester, NY. I can't even watch the whole thing.
****WARNING: Very explicit language used.****

It's scary to think how children are doing this. They are 7th-9th graders. I don't think I ever used some of those words in my head when I was that young, let alone said them out loud. Kids are absolutely cruel and vicious, and I'm sure a good portion of the blame goes to the parents. I'm just appalled at the actions and words of some of these kids. The poor woman couldn't even fight back if she wanted to (which she has tremendous self restraint to sit there and take it) because she would've lost her job or faced harsh circumstances, even if those kids really deserved it. I hope those kids are punished severely, as bad as that sounds. But, just what would they even do to punish them? It's easy to punish someone for physical actions (hitting, fighting, etc.) but it's tricky when the pain you are causing is emotional and mental pain. An apology will never be enough to that woman. The children told her that her whole family should kill themselves because she's so ugly when her son actually took his own life 10 years ago. How do you punish someone who has caused that much pain? Especially if it is a child. The bullying epidemic is getting out of control. I wish there was something the government could do, but it's not something you can monitor and/or control.

On a brighter side, some guy decided that this woman needed a vacation, so he set up a little paypal account to try to raise $5,000 to send her somewhere nice. Last I heard, the count was now past $300,000 and they are trying to raise enough money for her to retire comfortably. At least one good thing came out of this.

This is so sad. All I can say is I'm glad I come from a small town because nobody would talk to thier elders like that here. It's such a shame, and these kids parents need to do something to teach them this kind of behavior isn't okay.

This is 15 minutes from where i live and i am completely disgusted. i couldn't even watch a minute of it. the video makes me physically sick. Those boys need to be punished severely and i truly hope the school district does something about this.

I couldn't bring myself to watch past the first few seconds. It's horrible, my heart aches for this poor woman, who does not deserve any of the harsh treatment she received. Her self-restraint and patience are virtues to be valued, not many people would have the strength to just sit there and ignore the taunts. I hope everything works out for her and that she has a very nice vacation and enjoys her summer break. Lord knows she's earned it.

I'm from the town over from Greece, NY, where it happened.
I couldn't get past the first minute of it. The kids wanted a "viral" video and look what they got. I'm so happy that our community along with the help of surrounding areas and people across the country were able to raise money for this poor lady. She didn't deserve any of this and I give her all the credit in the world for not exploding.

what gets me very upset about this story, is not only did the kids make her cry and make her feel low, but also the backlash these children are getting... death threats, getting their address put out there, etc. the school district should reprimand these children but the topic of this story is BULLYING, so sending these kids and their families death threats IS bullying. i'm so glad that she is getting all this money though, she definitely deserves it especially with the selfless acts she has contributed to the school's system of monitoring the bus to make sure the children don't pick on each other and are safe!

what gets me very upset about this story, is not only did the kids make her cry and make her feel low, but also the backlash these children are getting... death threats, getting their address put out there, etc. the school district should reprimand these children but the topic of this story is BULLYING, so sending these kids and their families death threats IS bullying. i'm so glad that she is getting all this money though, she definitely deserves it especially with the selfless acts she has contributed to the school's system of monitoring the bus to make sure the children don't pick on each other and are safe!

Some kids have to learn the hard way. Now they know how this elderly woman felt. What is that old saying, you reep what you sow. This goes not only for those dispicable kids but the parents also.

Back