OT Elf Makeup Products

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you use the eye pencil from NYX above and use this above it looks really pretty!! My friend cheats and uses this instead of the assigned makeup:)
Roll On Eye Shimmer | NYX Cosmetics
I love the roll on Shimmer! Seriously the best. I'm making it my goal to buy them all.

That is my dilemma right now. Trying to get the teal eyeshadow to stay through 2 performances and also to get the teal to look a little more vibrant. We tried the eye primer yesterday and it helped a little bit. And I know I could get some Urban Decay or Mac. But I have a hard time justifying that high end makeup for a 13 year old to cheer in. But honestly after all the $$$$ I've spent in trial and error this season I could have just bought some high end eyeshadow and primer by now. It's very frustrating. LOL

Also I haven't bought a makeup kit in years and years. I ran out of the teal I bought for the last few years so I'm trying to find a replacement. The old one I loved was Mirabella......and this year we've added a smokey eye affect on the edges of the eyes and I am still working on making that look good! Clearly I am no makeup artist.
I would suggest getting MAC's paint pot in Bare Study. It's 18.50, and completely worth it. I've had mine for going on 2 years and always use it under my cheer makeup, especially since my gym is now going with a more natural look. It keeps the makeup looking gorgeous all day long. I have other paint pots, but this is the most neutral one so is good for this kind of makeup. :)

we use elf make up for where I do competitive cheer. It works really good! I am on 3 teams and it stays on until I get home and shower! we use the cream eyeliner which is amazing and WONT smudge! we use eye primer to make the eye shadow pop which really works:)

So my mom got me a ton of ELF makeup for Christmas and heres what I've decided:
-I still love the liquid eyeliner. Love love love.
-I'm not neccisarily a fan of the mascara. I have really really long eyelashes to begin with and I like it when it layers on really well and this one is really clumpy. I got one from sephora for Christmas that I just love and I've used it before its called tarte and it came with primer and it just looks really awesome...
-Im not the kind of person that wears a lot of eyeshadow unless its light brown, dark brown, or a really light pink or goldy color, but my mom got me one of the pallets for Christmas with all of the colors, and the browns and Golds are really pretty and they stay just as well as my urban decays.
-I got the brushes set and I love them all expecially the total face brush it just makes everything so even and it looks good.
And that's all I can think of right now as I'm doing my makeup. Haha

I forgot to mention that my moms makeup artist reccomends the Elf products to everyone. He also loves that pink and green mascara that you can get at drug stores... I think its called great lash? Whenever he opens his makeup bag its just full of elf products and that mascara. And he is fantastic.

Another tip for bolder colors...press the shadow on vs brushing.

We use a primer then I pay on the shadows. When I blend, I can control how much color comes off.

Oops, darn auto correct...but I think you can figure out I meant "put" not "pay."

I reallly love their face mist and set spray. After I finish my foundation, powder, and bronzer I spray three sprits about 6 inches away from my face, use a kabuki brush and stipple it dry, finish my eye makeup and repeat. I worked a double Saturday at work and my makeup looked the same as it did when I left the house in the morning.

I would really recommend this for comp cheer makeup as well!!

Buy Now Studio Makeup Mist & Set for Professional Makeup Artists

Love the ELF brushes. Now we will have to try some of the makeup everybody has been posting about. So excited. I loves me a bargain especially with competition season on a roll now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

the maybelline color tattoo line also has a gorgeous teal color that would probably work really well to layer under your other teal shadow. they're cream shadows, about $6 at target, and they don't go ANYWHERE. i just got a new one and swatched it on my hand last night. i've washed my hand multiple times since then and it's still showing up some, so i'm sure it would last throughout the day at a competition.

I
the maybelline color tattoo line also has a gorgeous teal color that would probably work really well to layer under your other teal shadow. they're cream shadows, about $6 at target, and they don't go ANYWHERE. i just got a new one and swatched it on my hand last night. i've washed my hand multiple times since then and it's still showing up some, so i'm sure it would last throughout the day at a competition.
I second this! I use Silver for my competitions and it doesn't go anywhere! I tested it out on my arm it was there for 2 days!

Back