All-Star End Of Year Awards Banquet?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Guess we are missing out on the green jello on Wednesdays here in Charlotte then!

Of course we really aren't a southern city anymore even in the Heart of Dixie. With the influx of all the finance/banking people, we southerners are few and far between here. I blow people away when I say I've been here over 40 years.

In the 15 years I've scheduled and managed youth teams I've never had anyone protest over a Wednesday night. Now Sunday morning is still fairly sacred but even Sunday afternoon is fair game these days. I really wouldn't mind the days when I was a kid and everything was literally closed on Sunday!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My old private Christian school had a rule where they wouldn't give out homework on Wednesday nights so kids could really commit to going to youth group. It was a big adjustment when I transferred to have homework Wednesday nights and tests on Thursday.

I will be sure to put you all on the prayer chain.;) My parents grew up in the Bible belt, Church of Christ....Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday night, every VBS, every Bible Bowl, every HS outing and every mission trip. And for anyone that can relate to that, then you will be able to relate to potlucks with green Jello. Green Jello with fruit cocktail, green Jello with cottage cheese, green Jello with pineapple, green Jello with Cool Whip.....I've never seen so many old ladies with green Jello in my entire life.

Lord almighty, you just described all my summers growing up visiting my grandparents in East Texas. COC all the way. So many hot and sweaty nights sitting at a church get together! With jello everything!

We're all heathens in the pnw. Actually, our gym owner is religious. All about full tops and no Sundays.

oh wow how I miss the South. Grew up military but my dad retired in TX (where I was born) and it was all about church (good ol' fashion Southern Baptist here) Sunday morning, evening, Wednesday nights, and everything in between. I really miss it in some ways. I remember cp's first gym there were no practices on Sundays or Wednesdays- but now that we have relocated to the PNW we can hardly get in a Wednesday night- and church on Sunday mornings are the norm thankfully..... also glad that we found a great Baptist church here- my casserole dishes would have gone into shock from not being used ;)

But in regards to the OP- I really feel sorry for what happened to your family and other families at your former gym. No matter what your cp (and the others) has cheered her little heart out for this gym for 3 years and for them to do what they did saddens me. poor thing :( If they don't change their minds- and IMO it seems like they are petty and won't, then good riddance..... maybe take your daughter out to a fancy dinner so she can wear the dress- or maybe get the families that were uninvited together for your own little get together. (((HUGS))) to your cp and tell her to hold her head up high!

All I can say is sorry it happened to you. Currently im hopping around gyms because my location keeps changing however im finishing up my season which in the uk ends in July with a gym in my hometown not uni town and competing with them and I cant wait they understand completly that I cant be a regular team member next year due to uni being 7 hours away but I can come to practice when its holidays and help them out if short on back spots.

Back