Endurance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 23, 2012
Tonight I had one of the worst practices ever. Full out 1564153156 times. Our coach mentioned endurance. Does anyone have any tips on how to better your endurance?

Run, condition. Run, Condition. lol, legit. My coaches have us run 10 laps, do a bunch of conditioning 10 times per conditioning thing, run 9 laps, do ur conditioning 9 times, etc. until you get to zero. these kinds of things do WONDERS. i have some great conditioning you could do that help me if you want to PM me :)

what i do is i run to my music.. then when its over i walk to it.. then run again to it.. then walk again to it.. or i a good day when i'm in the mood to run i pick a team from each worlds division that didnt win and run to it then walk to the team that did wins music or vice versa it doesnt matter.. thats what i do anyways i find it fun to do.. oh and also i do the cheer athletics abs workout

Being from Chicago, whatever was good for Walter Payton was also good for all athletes in my house. So we ran up and down the hill. I would run up the hill saying the words to the cheer (or if it was dance season listening to whatever music I had) and then run down, starting at 10 times then adding one more time every two days. It also helps you build your thigh muscles which make your jumps & BHS awesome.

I go on a treadmill and run for three songs, then walk for three songs, then run for three, and just keep repeating. I started out at 2 songs in the rotation but as your endurance builds you can change how long you run/walk

Tonight I had one of the worst practices ever. Full out 1564153156 times. Our coach mentioned endurance. Does anyone have any tips on how to better your endurance?
At my gym we do Georgia Squares. These are when a team starts in a line and runs around the mat. The first person in line tumbles at a corner and when they land begin to run again in her own line. The next person in line tumbles in the next corner and begins to run behind the first girl again. This continues until every teammate has tumbled and there is only one line again, then the first person leads the line diagonally across the mat and changes the direction they are running in and continues the cycle again. When we do these at our practices, we do about 5 rounds. These help build up endurance for performing your routine full out and in competition because you are constanly moving and tumbling, similar to a routine. Also, run at home on your own and condition a lot! These will also build up your endurance. Doing this will make it much easier for you to go through a full out routine, even though you WILL still be tired after doing so!

Back