Establishing A New Allstar Cheer Program, Growing Pains

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am in the early stages of starting an All Star Cheer program in the rural community in which I live. The closest cheer gym currently is a 45 minute drive from here. I think a well-run All Star program can definitely succeed in this town. I actually have extensive experience in running businesses, so I feel pretty confident in that arena. What concerns me is that I have NO idea how I am supposed to find an All-Star level coach and a cheer choreographer. Any suggestions?

I am in the early stages of starting an All Star Cheer program in the rural community in which I live. The closest cheer gym currently is a 45 minute drive from here. I think a well-run All Star program can definitely succeed in this town. I actually have extensive experience in running businesses, so I feel pretty confident in that arena. What concerns me is that I have NO idea how I am supposed to find an All-Star level coach and a cheer choreographer. Any suggestions?
Train your coaches and don't start out thinking you're going to have a level 4-5 team. If you're looking for staff training for tumbling, I recommend @tumbleyoda or Debbie Love. I also recommend your staff taking advantage of coaches' conferences such as JamU or the USASF Regional Meetings, where they can also be credentialed. Talk is next season all coaches will have to be Professional Members with Credentials for their level to get into warm-ups.

For choreography, I hire out. I recommend Spirit FX (@Rudags ). I also have a few others that are really good and will work with small gyms. Just shoot me a message.

Fierce Connection is also a great tool for staff education, if you're in a rural area and don't have access or budget to bring a bunch of people in. @King

Thank you @AngelsMum24! Do Coaches salaries vary greatly across the nation, or is there an average I can plug into my budget? What do you think about contacting one of the well-known gyms that has a branch about 50 minutes away to see if they might have someone who'd be interested in the job? Maybe a graduate?

Hey @Sandie P H - Shoot me an email at Info@SpiritFX and I will shoot you over some prices. We have several very competitively priced packages that work PERFECT for small or new gyms. We also guarantee our music dates and provide 8 count sheets for you at camp as well as take care of all of our own travel arrangements!

Thanks @AngelsMum24 for the shout out! :)

Thank you @AngelsMum24! Do Coaches salaries vary greatly across the nation, or is there an average I can plug into my budget? What do you think about contacting one of the well-known gyms that has a branch about 50 minutes away to see if they might have someone who'd be interested in the job? Maybe a graduate?
I think their salary does vary based on cost of living in the area, experience, etc. I have reached out to area gyms who may have high school graduates attending college in our area.

Back