All-Star Even The Simpilest Skills In Cheer Are Dangerous?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How is it even possible to break your leg or any part of the leg area doing a toe touch? I don't get it. Does someone want to explain?

She was trying to snap her legs together for the landing, but didn't quite get them together. Her feet hit the ground about 4 inches apart and the momentum of snapping her legs was too much.

At the beginning of the season I was warming up my jumps for tryouts, AT tryouts...rolled my ankle in a toe touch, sprained my ankle, couldn't even DO jumps for tryouts.

I was doing a Toe Touch Punch front back in 2010 (I know that may sound hard to come, but its a skill I have had since 2003 and could throw like I could walk) and I broke my tybia.

One tiime I was running to the other gym during practice and tripped on the floor and face planted. Or the time I was doing a standing tuck with my legs strapped together and when I finally landed one I jumped up and slipped off the edge of the floor and smaked my face on the floor.

im pretty sure it was the first practice of the season like 30 mins in and i severly sprained my ankle doing a toetouch. they thought i broke it but now i wish i had becuase i still am dealing with it ughh. i only get really hurt doing easy things im just some kind of special i guess.

One of our boys fell on his head doing a toe touch... but he'll stick a triple full with unlaced high tops! It's unfair really...

Pretty sure I can top you all: one night at the end of tumbling I was working jumps to back and really focusing on my arm placement because I dream of having rays jumps. Well I guess that threw me off because I hit my arm right below my elbow on my knee. I just thought I hyperextended or sprained it and practiced for 6 more weeks before getting it X-rayed. I had broken my ulna right below the elbow. Cheered advanced/level 5 for 8 years before that, had done thousands of toe touches, and broke my arm doing a toe touch. Hahhahaha I am a clumsy fool!!

How exactly does one do that? That's got take some skill...

I still haven't figured it out... pretty sure he jumped and tried to tuck before he landed lol guys might be able to tumble easier but I think the ladies have 'em beat on the brains :)

I knew a girl who could full and she broke her ankle doing a cartwheel.
And there was a girl at my gym who broke her finger doing a backwards role.
Its always the dumb stuff :D

Nothing serious, but my friend and I were practicing jumps in her bedroom and as I did a front hurdler my back leg hit a laundry basket and I fell on my face hahaha. & years ago i was playing around in a tumbling class and decided to try a punch front on the tumble track but I tucked too much and my knee hit my forehead. It looked like an egg was protruding from my eyebrow.

Clearly I'm a little clumsy, ahaha.

i remember doing jumps in my room at one point and smacking my hand on my dresser, i was fine, so i moved away from it a little, smacked my foot on the dresser next. clearly im smart, but luckily that was when i had just started cheer, so im not too embarrassed.

Back