All-Star Everyone Doubts Me..should I Just Quit?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2011
A lot of people say that im not a good jumper and tumbler and im not the best (not saying i am) and like no one supports me except my coaches...should I just keep trying as hard as I can? Or quit?

so the problem is your team mates? i would try and talk about it with your coaches, then maybe they could have a discussion that teams don't talk badly about their teammates and if they hear about it there will be consequences... (without naming your or anyone's names). I would try and fix the problem before quitting personally and then keep working and prove them wrong!

Keep going for it. Don't let them get to you because what they say can ruin you for a good while. I came back as a flyer this year and I was afraid to even go into an elevator. Sad that this was coming from a girl who had almost everything under the sun a couple of years before. I wasn't afraid of doing it, I was afraid that I wasn't good at it because of what a previous stunt group had told me. It took awhile to get my confidence back up and now I feel better then ever! Plus, if you're having fun cheering then don't let anyone stop you.

NEVER quit because someone doubts you! If anything, I feel that you should view this as a challenge now - someone's doubting your ability? Prove them wrong! Maybe you could try stepping up the time you put in working on jumps and tumbling... Kingston also just added a "Skills" forum here on the F-Board and there are a few threads there already on how to better jumps and tumbling and whatnot; you should definitely check 'em out!

Best of luck! Your coaches already believe in you... now get the nay-sayers to bite their tongues when they see your awesome jumps and tumbling! :)

It you love it, why let someone bully you into quitting. Keep pushing forward and know that you put your heart and soul into it despite what others may say, think or do!! Good luck... you have our support!!!

Fall down 7 times, stand up 8...
Just because your teammates are sippin on some haterade doesn't mean you should quit
Never give up just push harder
My best motivation is when people tell me I can't do something... I just had knee surgery, I'm still supposed to be on crutches and I'm already thinking about getting some craaaazy tumbling passes because people think I can't do it. You need to believe in yourself more than anything and make your haters your motivators! :)
Good luck, I have the utmost faith in you that you will be able to kill it! Work me out, be FIERCE! <3

do not even think about quitting just because someone doubts you and your abilities! Just take it as a motivation for yourself to work even harder! But the most important thing is that you are feeling good about what you do and if others make you feel bad you should probably consider talking to your coaches because it is much harder to be motivated if you don't feel as you belong! Dont't let them get you down!!! Stay strong!!

Never ever ever quit! Ever! Especially if the reason for quitting is somebody else doubting you. Never let other peoples' negative thoughts affect you- use them as motivation to show them that you can do it and are willing to give it everything you have! C'mon, you're the one in charge of your own skills- only you can determine how good you are. So why would you let anybody else stand in your way?
I believe in you, your coaches believe in you, everyone on the boards believes in you.. now all you have to do is believe in yourself!!
Don't give up, I promise you won't regret it <3 Now go show everybody what you're made of!

your avatar name says it all. If you love it and as long as you love it, go for it. If you watched the JerseyCheer show, there were aspects to Patty Ann's coaching I wasn't fond of, but this quote from her is great and exactly what a struggling cp or team needs to hear:
"If someone says you can't, make that your reason for living."
Good luck to you.

Back