All-Star Extreme Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last post on this. For the record, Debbie Sprague and my wife became very good friends from the first day of the show. Debbie has an amazing program up there. We got to visit this summer. Amazing group of kids and her daughter is very sweet. They are lucky to have an awesome coach like her up there training them. The "drama" between them was completely staged and edited big time. The producers weren't very happy with them cheering each other on during filming and wanted drama. Wouldn't let them stop filming until they got what they wanted, so they played their parts. I can't tell you how many times we had second thoughts about doing this program, especially when we found out about the changes to the format. That producer swore up and down on her own children this would be a family friendly show that would not cast the sport of cheer or anyone involved in a bad or crazy light. We fell for it. They threatened to sue me when we told them we would back out when they decided that the new competition format was going to be between Amanda and one of her current teammates. We said absolutely not. Truth is, I'm probably risking a lawsuit just posting what I've posted.

On a final note, I'd like to clarify that the part where they demonized my wife as demanding Amanda throw a full on the dead floor was completely false and edited. Debbie would NEVER push our children to do something that wasn't safe that they didn't feel like they could do. Of course, those in our close family circle know this to be the case, but I was outraged when I saw that on the show. My wife may be brutally honest and have the mouth of a salty sailor, but she loves her children more than life itself. That is the only reality.

Quick question... Did Amanda visit CA Vegas this past summer? After seeing the preview my cp said "hey! That girl was at the gym taking pictures last summer when I was in a private!" And I said no it was probably just a girl that looked like her, but she swears it was her...

Salty sailor cheer mom- I like her already!
Or maybe this one for the ones who are part of brigade..

smileys-as-sailor-animated.html

p0409.gif

Unless I missed something, I concur with what mstealtoyou and BowsnBling say. I don't recall seeing anyone calling out her parenting skills. I understand why you'd be defensive and everything (I would too if it were my friend, coach, etc.)., but I don't that's the case here. It seems like anyone who didn't have something nice to say followed the old adage...which is nice.
Thank you . I Just felt as if people where talking about her in a negative way .

Quick question... Did Amanda visit CA Vegas this past summer? After seeing the preview my cp said "hey! That girl was at the gym taking pictures last summer when I was in a private!" And I said no it was probably just a girl that looked like her, but she swears it was her...
Don't think so. Never been to Vegas. Go figure, my first time will be this weekend to watch my daughter compete there. LOL

any show that has young kids competing against each other is going to be a crap shoot, i.e look at toddlers and tiaras for a reference. of course the show was going to make the parents look like raging money hungry lunatics cause clearly thats what people like to watch these days.lol. i do feel bad for how the parents were protrayed, but they were kinda asking for considering they signed on the dotted line, regardless of how the show was filmed or set up they all knew there was going to be some prize at the end of it which was the only thing they probably cared about... why are parents so desperate for their kids to have fame and fortune these days, ill never understand. i did plenty of sports as a kid, and my parents never pushed me in any of them, as long as i had fun thats all they cared about.

But I think it's different depending on where you live...some places that's common...where we live not so much. It's all in the geography.
Exactly what I was gonna write. Where I am originally from, NO WAY! In south florida, everyone including the kids curse left and right. My kids now what they are allowed to say and now they are adult words only. It was a huge adjustment for me here. I heard another mother call her daughter a b**** write in front of me and she was like 9 and it had nothing to do with cheer, I was shocked. But in the middle school years, my daughter comes home telling me what she hears and I have mellowed a bit.

Last post on this. For the record, Debbie Sprague and my wife became very good friends from the first day of the show. Debbie has an amazing program up there. We got to visit this summer. Amazing group of kids and her daughter is very sweet. They are lucky to have an awesome coach like her up there training them. The "drama" between them was completely staged and edited big time. The producers weren't very happy with them cheering each other on during filming and wanted drama. Wouldn't let them stop filming until they got what they wanted, so they played their parts. I can't tell you how many times we had second thoughts about doing this program, especially when we found out about the changes to the format. That producer swore up and down on her own children this would be a family friendly show that would not cast the sport of cheer or anyone involved in a bad or crazy light. We fell for it. They threatened to sue me when we told them we would back out when they decided that the new competition format was going to be between Amanda and one of her current teammates. We said absolutely not. Truth is, I'm probably risking a lawsuit just posting what I've posted.

On a final note, I'd like to clarify that the part where they demonized my wife as demanding Amanda throw a full on the dead floor was completely false and edited. Debbie would NEVER push our children to do something that wasn't safe that they didn't feel like they could do. Of course, those in our close family circle know this to be the case, but I was outraged when I saw that on the show. My wife may be brutally honest and have the mouth of a salty sailor, but she loves her children more than life itself. That is the only reality.
I love that Salty Sailor! She has a heart of GOLD!

Back