All-Star F5 Going Small Senior

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

WG to me reminds me of what East Elite used to do w/ Senior Gold. It really seems a unique experience for the girls and I bet it is an extremely effective approach to getting the athletes ready for a full-year level 5 Worlds team. As a total outsider, I hope they keep WG the same way it was last year.

weather girls was not formed to win worlds. the object of the team was to merely provide an opportunity for additional athletes to compete at worlds (especially since junior teams could no longer attend). the team planned to go on any type of bid...

with only 22 practices, a paid bid and top 10 finish are simply just icing on the cake and testaments to the staff and athletes.

See then this sucks because WG is such a good team with tons of potential. They are so fierce I can only imagine if twisters actually decided to make them a serious team other than kind of just a grooming team you know?

I love the whole concept of weather girls. it's a chance for the girls to grow and compete in the 'big league' without the pressures a level 5 worlds team can have. the goal is to do well, of course, but it's not the pressure cooker team that a worlds team can be, especially come april!! it's like Worldslite.

See then this sucks because WG is such a good team with tons of potential. They are so fierce I can only imagine if twisters actually decided to make them a serious team other than kind of just a grooming team you know?

no, what would suck would be to make WG's a full year team and sacrifice the season-long successes of Super Cells & Velocity just for one competition. yes, that would suck.

no, what would suck would be to make WG's a full year team and sacrifice the season-long successes of Super Cells & Velocity just for one competition. yes, that would suck.

Wait, do they take kids from Super Cells and Velocity and put them on WG? Or did they actually take kids from a tryout process and put them on the team?

Wait, do they take kids from Super Cells and Velocity and put them on WG? Or did they actually take kids from a tryout process and put them on the team?
Super cells and Velocity athletes were chosen to be on this team because those two teams weren't elligible to attend Worlds.

I love the concept of WG. There are girls in that gym that may never make it to F5 or Reign, maybe their already 17 and on velocity, so WG gives them a chance to compete at Worlds, weather they win or not. We're not going to switch gyms just so we can be on a worlds team somewhere else, so it's to know that there are other options of getting to compete at Worlds.

But if it was a full year team, girls can try out and make things fit and now they have the advantage of having a full year to get ready. When we get to the middle of the year I think that's when things really start to get interesting and teams are coming together. They would've been a lot more polished or had some changes that probably would've had them done better at worlds instead of rushing to be prepared.

For 90% of teams at worlds including this one, making top 10 in your division is and accomplishment and to them feels the same as those winning. WG is not a half year team in the sense of these kids only train half the year. They train all year on their perspective level 5 teams, then get together and form a team to go and enjoy the experience of Worlds. It's not like Twisters is having a random tryout for kids who have never cheered before, mid season, and saying great here's 3 months to learn to be level 5, learn a routine, get a bid, and go to worlds. It's a great idea, and eliminates a need to crossover kids from Cells and Velocity durin high stress nationals like NCA and Indy.

This is of the topic, but is Valerie R still cheering on F5?
Because I didn't see her in recent pictures of her in F5 camp :(

Back