All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If the IP address matches, either the poster is in the same network (office, place of employment, or household-like a sibling) or it's the OP guys

If I were to ask Kingston to tell me my IP address, he should be able to (that's how he can ban and block users) accurately. Now let's say sometimes I posted from work, then that IP address would pull up (consistently). So now Kingston could pull his logs and ban both of those IP's. There's even a way for an admin to tell if a post is coming from an iPhone or other smartphone.

I don't know who whodeedle (or whatever) is...a poster from here? someone from twitter? If it's a poster from here and the IP addresses consistently match for both posters, it's almost certainly the same poster (w/the exceptions I gave above).

A proxy gives you the ability to hide behind a different IP address almost everywhere and every time you post (if you so choose), hence @greatwhite's list of the same poster w/different IP addresses.

If someone has no idea about IP addresses and/or proxies..you just got a basic lesson. It's very easy to get caught doing something you might not want to come back to bite you in the arse if you're clueless about IP's. However, having said that...I'm still confused bc I have no idea who whoadeedle is or why the animosity? Was it someone like lolsmileyface who probably has an alter ego on the boards?

However, has there been confirmed proof by a mod it's the same IP?

True point as long as we are outing people, lolsmileyface has been said to be on this board under a new name. I have my suspicions and if they are true...well I am just not gonna go there with my thoughts.

kinda. i was saying that she couldnt of made a proxy because she barely knows what an ip does

You don't have to create a proxy.
You can use an already existent proxy to get the information that way your ip remains anonymous!

Also addressing earlier with one person having logged under many Ip's is because your ip address can change! Sometimes unplugging your modem and plugging it in the next morning can cause you to get a new one.
However a lot of times more can be told other then just the ip.
Like here is the screenshot that I was referring to earlier of catching a faker on xanga when I was 16
.. Granted this is different but to give you an idea

a6cd0a22-be64-0c9e.jpg

The first one was me.

The 2nd one was a girl I knew.

The 3rd was an alias this girl created to talk about people anonymously and I busted her because you can see the same ip address for both user names. The real and the fake!

It's hard to explain! Lol

Eta: xtremeteal4life got it before I did! Oops

True point as long as we are outing people, lolsmileyface has been said to be on this board under a new name. I have my suspicions and if they are true...well I am just not gonna go there with my thoughts.

but you just did :p

I don't know if he/she was perma banned or only temporarily banned..but if lolsmileyface was perma banned and wanted to come back, he/she could do it one of two ways..proxies (which are very likely to get noticed by admins, like the pic you showed from another forum), or an agreement/promise to "behave".

Of course only an admin would know

You don't have to create a proxy.
You can use an already existent proxy to get the information that way your ip remains anonymous!

Also addressing earlier with one person having logged under many Ip's is because your ip address can change! Sometimes unplugging your modem and plugging it in the next morning can cause you to get a new one.
However a lot of times more can be told other then just the ip.
Like here is the screenshot that I was referring to earlier of catching a faker on xanga when I was 16
.. Granted this is different but to give you an idea

a6cd0a22-be64-0c9e.jpg

The first one was me.

The 2nd one was a girl I knew.

The 3rd was an alias this girl created to talk about people anonymously and I busted her because you can see the same ip address for both user names. The real and the fake!

It's hard to explain! Lol

Eta: xtremeteal4life got it before I did! Oops
I was just about to say....girl I already told him two pages ago.

Hahah I seriously spent 30 mins just now figuring how to get everything on my xanga to go private! I had a site counter on there and had not 1 visitor for over a year and I had 7 tonight lol...

Now if I could just remember what site I used to track IPs I would know who is responsible for that. Lol

Oh well!:)

Hahah I seriously spent 30 mins just now figuring how to get everything on my xanga to go private! I had a site counter on there and had not 1 visitor for over a year and I had 7 tonight lol...

Now if I could just remember what site I used to track IPs I would know who is responsible for that. Lol

Oh well!:)
That makes me laugh. can you not just delete it?

That makes me laugh. can you not just delete it?

Yes! But it is fun to go back and read old things so I can laugh at myself.
I was reading on there earlier how when I first worked at McD for my first job I didn't know ice cream mix and the shake mix did the same thing in their machines. I also read about how I dropped the cap off the bag into the shake mix and then the whole front part of the lid fell into it and splashed it all on the floor.
I also read how I liked a white boy named David and apparently that was the first white boy I ever liked but funny thing is I can't even remember a David so he must not have been that cute!

I can't explain it but Xanga was blogs when people actually did write and tell their life story (ok that was probably only me) so its like a diary and they are always fun to glance back on long as you don't stay in the past!
Honestly though I couldn't figure out how to delete it either or I would of done it because I was tired of looking. They have no click here button settings for your account to adjust privacy or delete. I had to use the search bar to search that question and then it says to edit your privacy settings select this link but the thing is that link wasn't viewable from your main acct page. I think they did that to detour people from deleting their acct when MySpace became the next big thing! Figures lol

Back