All-Star Famous Athletics Has Closed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But.. but.. they even offered to send me the tryout packet to prove they were staying open.. and I don't even live in Illinois.. HA HA.

giggle.gif

It's still on their website if you're still interested...

Does anyone have a copy of the email they would be willing to post? I'm sure that would be an interesting read to say the least! She was clearly lying to parents if parents were on here so passionate that the gym was staying open and the eviction wasn't true.... I bet they feel like this: :cow:

Does anyone have a copy of the email they would be willing to post? I'm sure that would be an interesting read to say the least! She was clearly lying to parents if parents were on here so passionate that the gym was staying open and the eviction wasn't true.... I bet they feel like this: :cow:

Um... I have it. But I may pass on posting it. I think kingston will KILL me. I think someone will though.

Nevermind, someone sent it to me. And WOW!:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear parents,

I am writing this letter today to tell you that after a long two weeks of deliberating, I have decided to close Famous Athletics doors. My original plan was to hold tryouts and hope to register at least 75 athletes. With help of friends and colleges we realized this number does not look like it was going to be met. The only solution is to go into a smaller space and time does not permit that for this season. In addition, this year has not been the easiest for any members of Famous Athletics but the emotion toll that it has taken on not only myself but also my children and my personal life has been very difficult.

Famous Athletics originally was supposed to be a “training facility” and never an all-star program. My next adventure will be going back to those original plans. I hope that one day I see your kids working with some of your favorite coaches in my training facility, as Odis and I will miss each of your children.

Moving forward I am writing this letter to you today so you have the option of trying out at another facility. Jeff Ocampo will be going to work for Darleen Fanning at ICE of Aurora. Jeff will be at tryouts this week and is looking forward to working with Darleen. I spoke with Darleen personally and she assured me that she will have Jeff continue to work with the Senior 2 team and make them a 4.2. I am sure that Jeff Ocampo will be helping out in other aspects of ICE too.

Darleen just hired Ernie Valdes from Maryland Twisters to be her gym director at ICE and he comes with great experience. ICE also had a great experience at Worlds this year where her Lighting team came in 3rd at worlds. I know you have many great gyms to choose from in the areas and everyone needs to make the best decision for him or herself. Jeff Ocampo’s is always available for those that need to speak to him for guidance.

Lastly, I want to thank you for all your support this year and finishing out the season. It is a very sad day for our family and we will miss you dearly. I also want to thank Gina and Denise for all their help with the gym, Vicki with all her spirit wear, the parents that helped out at all the team parties and team moms, and to the current and past coaches at Famous.
And to Heather at Athletico, I know the children will miss you the most!

Best wishes to all of your children and hope to see them on stage this season.

With love,

Heather, Odis and Kendall
--
-Heather Horne

CEO of Famous Athletics"

I was wondering when this thread would appear. I'm interested to see the email. This is a great example of cautionary tale that happens a lot. It's (unfortunately) not a story limited to IL cheer.

ETA: ^ there it is. Thanks!

"Dear parents,

I am writing this letter today to tell you that after a long two weeks of deliberating, I have decided to close Famous Athletics doors. My original plan was to hold tryouts and hope to register at least 75 athletes. With help of friends and colleges we realized this number does not look like it was going to be met. The only solution is to go into a smaller space and time does not permit that for this season. In addition, this year has not been the easiest for any members of Famous Athletics but the emotion toll that it has taken on not only myself but also my children and en.

With love,

--
-Heather Horne
CEO of Famous Athletics"

...........Oh.

What is a "training facitily" that doesn't offer allstars? Does she mean like a gymnastics gym? Wouldn't she need actual gymnastics instructors for that?

Looks to me like she will be opening something new to rip people off some more, great. She can close her gym, but she can't run away from the amount of money she owes people.

The fact that she has now involved ICE in this makes my skin crawl.

"Dear parents,

I am writing this letter today to tell you that after a long two weeks of deliberating, I have decided to close Famous Athletics doors. My original plan was to hold tryouts and hope to register at least 75 athletes. With help of friends and colleges we realized this number does not look like it was going to be met. The only solution is to go into a smaller space and time does not permit that for this season. In addition, this year has not been the easiest for any members of Famous Athletics but the emotion toll that it has taken on not only myself but also my children and my personal life has been very difficult.

Famous Athletics originally was supposed to be a “training facility” and never an all-star program. My next adventure will be going back to those original plans. I hope that one day I see your kids working with some of your favorite coaches in my training facility, as Odis and I will miss each of your children.

Moving forward I am writing this letter to you today so you have the option of trying out at another facility. Jeff Ocampo will be going to work for Darleen Fanning at ICE of Aurora. Jeff will be at tryouts this week and is looking forward to working with Darleen. I spoke with Darleen personally and she assured me that she will have Jeff continue to work with the Senior 2 team and make them a 4.2. I am sure that Jeff Ocampo will be helping out in other aspects of ICE too.

Darleen just hired Ernie Valdes from Maryland Twisters to be her gym director at ICE and he comes with great experience. ICE also had a great experience at Worlds this year where her Lighting team came in 3rd at worlds. I know you have many great gyms to choose from in the areas and everyone needs to make the best decision for him or herself. Jeff Ocampo’s is always available for those that need to speak to him for guidance.

Lastly, I want to thank you for all your support this year and finishing out the season. It is a very sad day for our family and we will miss you dearly. I also want to thank Gina and Denise for all their help with the gym, Vicki with all her spirit wear, the parents that helped out at all the team parties and team moms, and to the current and past coaches at Famous.
And to Heather at Athletico, I know the children will miss you the most!

Best wishes to all of your children and hope to see them on stage this season.

With love,

--
-Heather Horne
CEO of Famous Athletics"

Wait..... ICE just hired Ernie..... I find this a little interesting... anyone know why he left Twisters..........

This is similar to what happened here in Las Vegas just a couple weeks ago. The gym (Top Notch Allstars) isn't very well known outside of Vegas but they didn't even finish out the season. The owner told everyone the day of competition that they weren't going and that the gym was going out of bussiness... And not just the day of but a couples hours before the comp started! Well long story short all the athletes came to CA Vegas, so I guess I shouldn't complain lol
Anyway, back to talking about Famous....

Back