All-Star Famous Cheer Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Athletics, Gym Tyme and World Cup. I remember watching these on a documentary from the late 90's. It's on youtube but can't find it, anyone know what I'm talking about? It's about there travels to NCA.

Also, I think long standing fame is different than being popular.
How many of you who have been cheering for more than 4 years would have known who CEA was?

OK, to spice things up would the OP change the name of the thread to "Long Standing Famous Cheer Gyms".

Now, how about this definition?

World English Dictionary

obsession (əbˈsɛʃən)

n
1. psychiatry a persistent idea or impulse that continually forces its way into consciousness, often associated with anxiety and mental illness
2. a persistent preoccupation, idea, or feeling
the act of obsessing or the state of being obsessed

I often think of you when #1 comes up. Really, can you not give it a rest, ever? People like you, those trying to endear themselves to programs and fan bases by constantly stirring the pot of controversy do these kids and gyms no favors and quite frankly, diservice. And you do not help the sport either. I think if not for you and others like you these gyms, staffs, kids and parents could compete in a much more enjoyable environment of mutual respect and sportsmanship. You poison the waters and ruin the experience with your agenda. Let the kids and parents interact without all the drama, we spend a lot of money and time doing this and want to make it the best we can this year. Enough. Your act is tired.

OK, to spice things up would the OP change the name of the thread to "Long Standing Famous Cheer Gyms".

I often think of you when #1 comes up. Really, can you not give it a rest, ever? People like you, those trying to endear themselves to programs and fan bases by constantly stirring the pot of controversy do these kids and gyms no favors and quite frankly, diservice. And you do not help the sport either. I think if not for you and others like you these gyms, staffs, kids and parents could compete in a much more enjoyable environment of mutual respect and sportsmanship. You poison the waters and ruin the experience with your agenda. Let the kids and parents interact without all the drama, we spend a lot of money and time doing this and want to make it the best we can this year. Enough. Your act is tired.

grow up?

I see no reason for a grown man to get so worked up over comments on this board. I almost have to agree with rich in that before SE really started having a following and doing well at worlds (probably around 2006-2007), I had not hear of the program either. That is nothing against the gym, it is just that some gyms came into the spotlight later than others. Not taking away anything from CEA now or this coming season or any year in the future. Why don't you just let your program you belong to speak for itself instead of letting some comment that, to me, didn't seem rude, get your hackles up? Seems silly to be getting a little feisty over it. JMO though.

I see no reason for a grown man to get so worked up over comments on this board. I almost have to agree with rich in that before SE really started having a following and doing well at worlds (probably around 2006-2007), I had not hear of the program either. That is nothing against the gym, it is just that some gyms came into the spotlight later than others. Not taking away anything from CEA now or this coming season or any year in the future. Why don't you just let your program you belong to speak for itself instead of letting some comment that, to me, didn't seem rude, get your hackles up? Seems silly to be getting a little feisty over it. JMO though.

I'm not worked up, just stating my opinion on a body of comments. Rich apparently is on the staff at WC. If he speaks for them than so be it, we'll deal with the consequences. However, I tend to think he promotes this kind of opinion for his own personal reasons, and the effect that has amongst the kids and parents is not good for them or their experience competing. I take the opportuninty to say enough, let it go, the year is shaping up quite nicely to have a fabulous competition season and hopefully do so in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner. The banter and back and forth amongst these "fans" here does no good for those trying to enjoy competing at this level.

For me, (and I'm not worried about long standing fame or not), the 2011 most famous are...
1. Top Gun
2. World Cup
3. CEA

For the "outside" world, I brought along some family members for WORLDS 2009. They had NO knowledge of what Allstar cheerleading was except what I've talked about. When a conversation comes up about that weekend, they really only remember and were impressed with...

TOP GUN unlimited.
CEA Coed unlimited
Bangkok

They thought some others were good, but not even close to these teams. Unfortunately, I don't think the "outside" world will ever understand what this sport really is about.

Cheer Athletics, Gym Tyme and World Cup. I remember watching these on a documentary from the late 90's. It's on youtube but can't find it, anyone know what I'm talking about? It's about there travels to NCA.

It was called "ON THE INSIDE - CHEERLEADERS" but it's been removed from youtube for copyright infringement.:(

I'm not worked up, just stating my opinion on a body of comments. Rich apparently is on the staff at WC. If he speaks for them than so be it, we'll deal with the consequences. However, I tend to think he promotes this kind of opinion for his own personal reasons, and the effect that has amongst the kids and parents is not good for them or their experience competing. I take the opportuninty to say enough, let it go, the year is shaping up quite nicely to have a fabulous competition season and hopefully do so in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner. The banter and back and forth amongst these "fans" here does no good for those trying to enjoy competing at this level.

Like @cheerinfo said, I wasn't being rude when mentioning that. I was talking about long standing fame and its the truth. Not taking anything away from what Courtney and CEA has done in the past 4 years; because they have done a tremendous job of turning a name that not many people knew at all into something huge. If we were talking about quickest rise to the top, I would have mentioned CEA. But I bet if you ask all of the CEA obsessed people when they first noticed CEA, it would be in the last 4 years. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. That is the truth.

Like @cheerinfo said, I wasn't being rude when mentioning that. I was talking about long standing fame and its the truth. Not taking anything away from what Courtney and CEA has done in the past 4 years; because they have done a tremendous job of turning a name that not many people knew at all into something huge. If we were talking about quickest rise to the top, I would have mentioned CEA. But I bet if you ask all of the CEA obsessed people when they first noticed CEA, it would be in the last 4 years. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. That is the truth.

After all these years and posts it grows a bit tedious. Do you speak for yourself or WC here? If for yourself, and I assume that to be true, as stated above, be proud of your association with the gym, their teams and accomplishments. But it's time to stop the sniping at others and their teams and accomplishments. Crow all you want, I don't blame you, but leave the other stuff alone. There was CEA bfore 2007, NCA titles, 3 in a row in high profile divisions, medals at Worlds. It was a simple theread with a simple premise, why inject this stuff at all. Small point but a good place to again say enough. You may not recognize your posting as rude, but as a staff member, let it rest.

After all these years and posts it grows a bit tedious. Do you speak for yourself or WC here? If for yourself, and I assume that to be true, as stated above, be proud of your association with the gym, their teams and accomplishments. But it's time to stop the sniping at others and their teams and accomplishments. Crow all you want, I don't blame you, but leave the other stuff alone. There was CEA bfore 2007, NCA titles, 3 in a row in high profile divisions, medals at Worlds. It was a simple theread with a simple premise, why inject this stuff at all. Small point but a good place to again say enough. You may not recognize your posting as rude, but as a staff member, let it rest.
I know there was a CEA before 2007 and their large junior team was great. I was pointing out that without a high profile senior team, a gym is less known then others. And it would be the same with other gyms like California. Before 2007, there wasn't much hoopla about them. Or marlins, which I don't think would fit with the caliber of programs here as they only have one premier team, but before 2008 or 09, I don't think anyone know they existed. Or even twist & shout, fame, and other gyms listed in this thread, I don't think recent success is the same thing as long standing fame.

p.s. not a staff member. And I am sure that the majority of people on this board know that I am speaking on my own behalf. You tell me I twist the truth to alter peoples thoughts and you're just as guilty of it.

We can even play a fun game with the board real quick. Name me a Cheer Extreme stunt or dance or pyramid song before 2007. Or one from any of the other gyms listed here that only have recent success. How many people can do it?​

Now, how many people can name a stunt, dance, or pyramid by Top Gun, Maryland Twisters, World Cup, Cheer Athletics, or Miami Elite from before 2007. Bonus points if you can name all 3 categories from 3 consecutive years. (If you're under 18 you probably can't do this. But I'm sure everyone who is over 18 could do it for all of the teams... except Miami Elite, I only know that info for 2 back to back years)​

You tell me I twist the truth to alter peoples thoughts and you're just as guilty of it.

No, I said you poison the waters by criticizing other's accomplishment, specifically and just about only CEAs. I don't do that, and point out where I do if you want a board exercise. Now, I'm also telling you that the kids and parents read these boards and take these kinds of things personally and it flows over into the areas where we interact competing and there is no reason for this to happen. I openly wear a CEA bias, but I do not promote them at other's expense. That is a lesson we need to learn here.

Back