All-Star Fantasy Cheer (like Fantasy Football)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How about a penalty if the team gets deductions? This would balance out lower level teams that someone may want to guess due to lower popularity but chances are they will get more deductions so this becomes a part of your strategy

Just brainstorming:

Perhaps you each team you pick could have two factors that combine to give you their monthly score:

1. Average percent of perfection (just as you described)

2. Handicapping factor. (needs better name). The higher the percentage of people who pick that team, the lower this variable goes. Teams with fewer people picking them would get a higher multiplier. There would need to be a limited range for this so you couldn't simply pick a low-scoring team that no one else picked and win. IMO, this should be an unknown variable to the players until announced after the cutoff time.

There would need to be a lot of work put into the formula to make it simple and fair.

IMO, predicting the percentage perfection score seems to add a lot of complexity on the player side. It would be easier to just pick 5 teams and more people would want to play.
"Volatility" (investopedia definition)

Not sure I see the connection. How frequently a team is picked is not necessarily related to how volatile they are. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you.
See definition 1 for "volatility" on investopedia. "A statistical measure for dispersion of returns..."

See definition 1 for "volatility" on investopedia. "A statistical measure for dispersion of returns..."

I believe that I understand volatility, I just don't think that was what I was trying to convey. Perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly.

Two factors in how many points a team's performance gives the players of the "fantasy cheer" game.

A x B = score

A. Team's final score.
B. Some variable that encourages people to pick a variety of teams. (underdogs, etc.)

I see that "B" going one of two ways:

B1 - AFTER the teams are picked for a given time period, go back and assign a "popularity" score where the most-picked teams get a lower variable than the lesser-picked teams. Top Gun Large Coed may get a 97.5 at a competition, but if 99% of the people in the fantasy league picked them, they may not end up with a higher fantasy score than Suzy's Local Cheer Gym who scored a 96.3. You have to limit this so that the team you pick still needs a fairly high score at the event - otherwise, you could pick an absolutely terrible team and still win simply because no one else picked them.

B2 - Give a limited "budget" for fans to be able to spend on all of their picks. The traditionally strong teams cost more to "buy" for your fantasy teams. (Similar to one-week fantasy leagues for football.)

Back