High School Favorite High School Team In Each State

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know! it stinks! The only reason why most Illinois teams don't go to UCA or NCA nationals is because something with its too big of a risk insurance risk for public schools and Illinois wont allow it unless you call yourself a 'club' and not a sport.But if your not a 'sport' you cant go to IHSA state. :/ its frustrating.
in illinois you can compete at nca nationals as carl sandburg hs did a few years ago.. conant providence and sandburg all compete at jamfest last year.

in illinois you can compete at nca nationals as carl sandburg hs did a few years ago.. conant providence and sandburg all compete at jamfest last year.

exactly the point I was going to make! It's all up to the school, AD, money. Ny AD does not allow my kids to compete anywhere that is not IHSA sanctioned.

Also, in Illinois, you are only able to compete at so many competitions in a season (not including State). IHSA state is HUGE and EXTREMELY important to all Illinois HS cheer teams. Many are not willing to use up one of their 5 so late in the season when they are attempting to make it to State!

I believe Timber Creek, Riverview, Dr. Phillips, etc....all in FL cheer UCA; however, the only one that goes to Nationals is Dr. Phillips. Not sure why. I believe it has something to with the school policy and not state. The do however, all compete with each other at their state competition.
Yeah, all Florida school that compete must now be apart of FHSAA. With that you have to go to your region competition, from there the top 10 teams move to state where all the top teams compete. Then you have to do 4 outside competitions but all must be done before February 11th. Alot of the Nationals are either after the 11th or at the same time as region/state competition that is required.

Yeah, all Florida school that compete must now be apart of FHSAA. With that you have to go to your region competition, from there the top 10 teams move to state where all the top teams compete. Then you have to do 4 outside competitions but all must be done before February 11th. Alot of the Nationals are either after the 11th or at the same time as region/state competition that is required.
So... No FL teams are able to go to UCA HS nationals this year?

The team I coach did not register because we were unsure of the rules regarding UCA HS nationals with it being on Feb 11th & 12th and the 11th being the last day. But found out they are able to compete at UCA nationals, after we already made our competition schedule.

coach.elle said:

You can compete at UCA. At the school I coached at we would of just had to get a waiver signed by our AD allowing us to compete the extra day after our season was finished. Also the 4 competitions you have to have done before states on feb 3 can be "head to head" competitions held at your school against one other team. For example my sisters team used 3 of their football half times to compete head to head with the other teams cheer team. As long as you have approved fhsaa judges you can hold the head to heads wherever and whenever. Much easier than trying to find 4 competitions for HS in Florida before feb 3 states.

Nobody mentions CT haha..I wouldn't even know WHO to mention?
Best CT teams-In my opinion i feel like the St. Joes cheer Team is a strong competitor! As well as Greenwich. I am on Fairfield Ludlowe’s Varsity team. It will be a fight to the finish for the FCIAC title this year!

NC: Ledford or West Forsyth

Ledford is state champs and I also went there so kinda biased there but West is getting really good, I think they may take the throne. Again biased I go there but they are good

I don't know many high school teams, but i just LOVE Sun Prairie. Cards <3 and national champs! Dream high school :cloud9:

I know! it stinks! The only reason why most Illinois teams don't go to UCA or NCA nationals is because something with its too big of a risk insurance risk for public schools and Illinois wont allow it unless you call yourself a 'club' and not a sport.But if your not a 'sport' you cant go to IHSA state. :/ its frustrating.
I'm confused so please help me understand. I haven't read anywhere in the IHSA rules that state you aren't allowed to compete at UCA or NCA. Is it more of a school issue or is there a rule I am missing. Please help as I was interested in taking my cheerleading squad to both UCA and NCA competitions this year and we are from Illinois.
Thanks

Back