Favorite Stunts/pyramids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys, I wanted to know what your guys' favorite stunts and pyramids are. My team has done stunts from back tuck baskets to waterfalls to scales (you get the point). I was just curious what your guys' favorite stunt sequences and pyramids were! thanks babs :p

I saw something at a recent competition, its probably been done before but I personally had never seen it... it was flyers on either side of pyramid with bracers on either side (just one) the flyers from a show n go, drop to split (low) then it gets tossed again while still being held by the brace and flyer lands like on her back being held by bases but holding the opposite leg of the split... so for example if her split was left leg front while was tossed to a flat back she brought her right leg up to a heel stretch in a flat back then from that flat back she was flipped backwards to land in the right heel stretch (no clue if i described right but it looked so cool and flawless and this was a lower level team, not even a level 5... i was amazed

I saw something at a recent competition, its probably been done before but I personally had never seen it... it was flyers on either side of pyramid with bracers on either side (just one) the flyers from a show n go, drop to split (low) then it gets tossed again while still being held by the brace and flyer lands like on her back being held by bases but holding the opposite leg of the split... so for example if her split was left leg front while was tossed to a flat back she brought her right leg up to a heel stretch in a flat back then from that flat back she was flipped backwards to land in the right heel stretch (no clue if i described right but it looked so cool and flawless and this was a lower level team, not even a level 5... i was amazed
That sort of sounds like a Stingray Peach stunt at the fruit jam showcase! Thanks for sharing this with me! I'll see if my team wants to try this with me at an open gym :)

I don't know if you have looked into it but my team used to do partner stunts with two girls on bottom and one on top. The first girl acts as a boy in partner stunts by grabbing the flyer's waist and throwing her up then catching her feet (specifically her heels). The second girl starts at the right of the flyer and has her right foot like a main base would start if the flyer were stepping into a prep. The flyer has her right leg up and uses it to push off the base to her right (with the foot) while her hands are on the other girl's wrists that are at her waist. For the flyer, keep in mind to try and squeeze her feet together so that it's easier for the girls to catch her feet. Hopefully that all made sense...if not you can search for a video on YouTube because there are plenty of different ways to do the stunts but this is what was easiest for my team.

I don't know if you have looked into it but my team used to do partner stunts with two girls on bottom and one on top. The first girl acts as a boy in partner stunts by grabbing the flyer's waist and throwing her up then catching her feet (specifically her heels). The second girl starts at the right of the flyer and has her right foot like a main base would start if the flyer were stepping into a prep. The flyer has her right leg up and uses it to push off the base to her right (with the foot) while her hands are on the other girl's wrists that are at her waist. For the flyer, keep in mind to try and squeeze her feet together so that it's easier for the girls to catch her feet. Hopefully that all made sense...if not you can search for a video on YouTube because there are plenty of different ways to do the stunts but this is what was easiest for my team.
Yes, my team did these so much last year! Thanks so much for the suggestion, I think we'll try them again at open gym!

Hey guys, I wanted to know what your guys' favorite stunts and pyramids are. My team has done stunts from back tuck baskets to waterfalls to scales (you get the point). I was just curious what your guys' favorite stunt sequences and pyramids were! thanks babs :p
I love that you're calling us babs lol. I love single based wolf walls and rotating treetop pyramids. As for baskets, I love a clean pike double full. I would love to see a ball up 360 full executed someday.

I love that you're calling us babs lol. I love single based wolf walls and rotating treetop pyramids. As for baskets, I love a clean pike double full. I would love to see a ball up 360 full executed someday.
I'd looove to see those stunts in a video, do you happen to know any videos that showcase these stunts! Ugh I'm so intrigued now! As for 'wolf walls' and 'rotating treetop' I have to admit that I've never heard of these terms, but I'd love to know what you mean by them! (I might know what they mean under a different name) Thanks bab :rolleyes:

I really like mock ups and reverse 360s.

This is a lot of fun too!! We added a lot of variations to it after we got this part down. You can do it with both bases bent over, to one arm, to flare, and we tried to add a full up but it didn't work out lol. Hopefully my link works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like mock ups and reverse 360s.

This is a lot of fun too!! We added a lot of variations to it after we got this part down. You can do it with both bases bent over, to one arm, to flare, and we tried to add a full up but it didn't work out lol. Hopefully my link works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow thanks! :) I really like seeing videos of how and stuff so this was awesome to see! We'll definitely try this !

I'd looove to see those stunts in a video, do you happen to know any videos that showcase these stunts! Ugh I'm so intrigued now! As for 'wolf walls' and 'rotating treetop' I have to admit that I've never heard of these terms, but I'd love to know what you mean by them! (I might know what they mean under a different name) Thanks bab :rolleyes:
Wolf wall: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWPrVfhCMAAlqPf.jpg:large (the exact one I had in mind)

Treetop pyramid:
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/01/36/03/385240/3/628x471.jpg cool example of one
time. http://media.kentucky.com/static/wallpaper/1920x1200/1920x1200_CHEER01.jpg this is the one I had in mind. UK does this one all the time.

I have never seen a ball-up 360 full before, it popped into my head one day.

Back