All-Star Favorite Worlds Pictures

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you don't mind me asking what happened? And I'm so sorry to hear that! I plan to also hopefully get a field hockey scholarship (fingers crossed).

She was a base in the stunt and all I know is she moved her foot a little and her toes got caught on the mat and foot folded in half with the toes underneath. It caused severe damage to most of the bones, tendons and cartilage. She had a surgery to make repairs but it didn't work and at the end of her coaching season this year (two weeks ago) she had another surgery to fuse numerous bones in the foot together basically eliminating a lot of movement in her toes and front of her foot. She's only 21 years old.

She earned the starting goalie job on the field hockey team as a college freshman and had an amazing season even being named to the National All Academic Team. After the season she missed cheering and is going to school close to the gym so she helped the team after someone quit. She never cheered or played field hockey again. She stayed with the team for her sophomore year hoping she could work through it but it wasn't possible.

Don't stunt without shoes!!!

Good luck with that field hockey career and if you aren't actively being recruited by any colleges and aren't a senior yet I would suggest going out to the National Hockey Festival in Indio, CA. My daughter was only getting local interest until she attended and then she got interest from a few more teams including an Ivy League School which to my disappointment she didn't choose, lol.

ajaslkfjlajf.jpg

This is from the USASF Twitter. I love it because both Leroy and Michael were both athletes who were coached by James Speed. I feel like you could play 6 degrees of separation with James in the cheer world.

Back