All-Star Fierce Bobs...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MomOf2ThatsMe

Cheer Parent
Feb 18, 2011
This is CP's first season competiting with a bob. I know that it is somewhat limited as to what you can really do with a bob and a bow, but for all of you that rock one, what are your tips to get it looking fierce for competitions. I know how to do *my* hair, but I don't have the thin hair CP does ;) I did a trial blow-out tonight after her shower after I washed her hair with my Amplify shampoo, and used Bed Head Small Talk on it for extra body. It was looking decent, but I am afraid it will lose the volume before she competes. Do any of you tease the crown of your hair? Then there are little things that bother me like how do I get the bow to stand up better? The elastic on those things wrap around that little smidgen of 1/2 up hair like 50,000 times and it weighs the bow down :eek: I was thinking about seeing if I can put her bow on a french clip, but she is a flier, and I didn't know if that was allowed. Help!

I tease underneath and then smooth it down and spray it. If I wear a bow, I do a poof and when I wear a headband I just tease the back and give it some volume, but I don't like to have too much. Just tease it to however big you want it and smooth it out and it should be good to go. Try not to put too much of her hair up because if you get it more on the top of her head it will make the bow stand up better. Hope this helps :)

Blow dry it upside down, then flat iron the ends. Pull up the bangs at the top of the forehead and make a nice little poof. Don't pull up the hair above the ears....only do the top of the forehead. Secure towards the back of the top of the head with a mini pony tail tie. Angle the pony tale straight up like a whale spout to create fullness on top of the bow after it is in. You can always smooth down the tops of the whale spout if they are sticking up too much. Put bow in and wrap the pony tail tie of the bow below the mini pony tail tie. That should make it stand up a bit better. :fro:

i have a bob myself and i do my hair a lot of times. what i do is find the right amount of hair and pull it up and tease it just a little. but a mini poof in the front looks fierce. also big bows look great. just make sure not to put to much hair up.

Latest posts

Back