All-Star Fierce Bobs...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We don't have a bob anymore but she used to and I like it pulled up with just the hair from the crown of the head. Sides are down over the ears. We find that the more the ponytail is centered on the top of the head the better the bow stays upright and in place. The ponytail should be in the center of the top of the head. If your bow has an elastic tie see if you can cut that to make 2 tails that you can tie around the pony instead of wrapping the elastic around the one holding the ponytail in. Some season's we didn't wear poofs. Some season's we did. Either way it looked good with the Bob haircut. Even better if you can use a ribbon to tie the bow onto the ponytail instead of the elastic.

1. Straighten hair first if that's the look you're going for.
2. Pull hair on crown into high ponytail on the top of the head.
2a. Spray the hair you want sprayed. (From the hairline to the ponytail holder is what we spray)
3. Tie the bow UNDER neath the elastic holding the ponytail. (Tie it tight)
4. Take the ponytail and separate into 2 sections. 1 in each hand. Gently pull ponytail tight on top of head. (Bow tails will now be tightly wedged in between the elastic holding the ponytail and the head)
5. Pop the bow up and arrange the way you want it.

I've used this method for years and have never had a malfunction.

I would do some practice. Let her wear the hairstyle and bow to practice a few times as a test run. That way you can trouble shoot any situations that come up.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the advice! I forgot to mention we are in a NO POOF year :eek: I think I am just going to have to french braid the bangs back since she has thin hair that is cut into side-bangs (heeeellllllooooo fly-aways), and then go from there with all of the tips and tricks you all mentioned here. Thanks again!!

Here is a pic of some orange girls at a hs competition. My daughters team (EAGLES) does the french braided bangs with the bob and it looks cute. Sorry it's not more close up, but it's the only pic I have. I also couldn't tell you how to do it because one of the girls does everyones hair.
hair.jpg

here is my cp with a poof but i wish bow would stand up better.... the rubberband is about 1/2 inch thick on that bad boy... thicker than the hair its holding lol! gonna have to cut it and try tying it down and see if it helps
179026_166006686779634_100001109114451_310331_6510925_n.jpg

Here is a pic of some orange girls at a hs competition. My daughters team (EAGLES) does the french braided bangs with the bob and it looks cute. Sorry it's not more close up, but it's the only pic I have. I also couldn't tell you how to do it because one of the girls does everyones hair.

Cute girls! I always do the braid straight back. Is theirs off to the side? I do it "dutch" style (upside down) too since it seems to hold tighter, at least with my CP's hair it does since it is really fine.

Cute girls! I always do the braid straight back. Is theirs off to the side? I do it "dutch" style (upside down) too since it seems to hold tighter, at least with my CP's hair it does since it is really fine.

Yes they do it going off to the side. It looks really cool! I have never ever been able to french braid lol....

We wear our ponytails higher on the head then Level5's picture. And I think hair without the poof's are easier.

Her bangs will go back into the ponytail and hold just fine. Just spray from the hairline to the ponytail holder really well.

My middle has side bangs and sometimes her "bangs" stick up rooster style out of the ponytail. It makes us laugh. We just hold the "rooster' part and pull it to the bottom of the ponytail. And she sticks a bobby pin in there to hold it.

This was last year and Youth didn't wear poof's. (Hopefully this works!!!) It didn't.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=320878013036&set=t.100000123183335&type=3&theater

Copy and paste into another window to see it. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong feel free to fix it!!

Latest posts

Back