High School Fierce High School Pictures!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

317206_285404331499513_114512928588655_878645_1040470688_n.jpg

Looking back through all my pictures from Georgia's 2011 High School State championships to find my favorites. This has to be one of my top ones. He had just nailed a beast of a tumbling pass: Punch-front, handspring, whip, arabian, handspring, whip, full! Yes, he did that on a resi, not a spring-floor. The arena crowd was going nuts! Youtube video link if you want to see the whole pass.

Stole the words right outta my mouth...
My school's allowed to do backflips in pyramids legally.
You can do whatever you want, but if someone gets hurt doing that, your school is going to have a lawsuit on their hands. No set of rules says you can do a flip in a pyramid without 2 bracers standing on the floor.

Depends on the state

No, it doesn't. AACCA regulations state
1. The top person may not be in an inverted position with the following exceptions:
a. Suspended forward rolls are allowed provided that all of the following conditions are met:
1) The top person begins in a non-inverted position from the performing surface or a stunt.
2) The top person has continuous hand-to-hand contact with two primary bases or with two posts who are controlling the top person. The top person cannot have contact with one base and one post or with bracers.
3) The bases or posts cannot be involved in any other skill during the suspended roll.
4) The top person lands in a double-based cradle or the performing surface. They may not land in a loading position for a stunt.
b. The top person may begin a stunt in an inverted position provided that all of the following conditions are met:
1) The top person begins in a weight-bearing position with at least one hand on the performing surface. (“Weight-bearing” is demonstrated by the top person being at least at a forty-five degree angle when leaving the performing surface.)
2) The top person is loaded into a non-inverted position shoulder height or below. This position must be established by a stop or pump-and-go at shoulder level prior to any extended position from the inversion.
3) A base or spotter must maintain contact with the top person until they are in a non-inverted position.
4) A base or spotter must be in a position to protect the head, neck and shoulder area of the top person.
c. The top person can be placed on the performing surface in an inverted position provided that all of the following conditions are met:
1) The inversion begins from a cradle or prone position below shoulder level. The cradle or prone position must be established prior to the inversion. In other words, the skill cannot simply "pass through" the cradle or prone positionon the way to the inversion.
2) The inversion goes immediately to the performing surface with both the top person's hands supporting his or her weight.
3) Two original bases or an original base and a spotter must maintain contact with the top person in a position to protect the head, neck and shoulder area of the top person. This contact must be maintained until the top person's hands are on the performing surface.[/quote]

we do ours from a squish. come back down to a squish. then a ball up lib.

Back