High School Fierce Middle Schoolers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That was insane... The middle schools in my area are lucky to have a round-off and a prep cradle. Legit.

The only thing I found odd about that routine is that they didn't cradle once.

Middle schools aren't allowed to double down. They probably thought that doing a straight cradle or a full down would be a waste of time. They can use that time to do elite transitions that will earn them more points.

1-2.jpg

We don't even have middle school cheer here. You can cheer in 8th grade but it's just sideline stuff mostly, until I got there the most they did was a shoulder sit but my year we had a different coach (the normal coach was pregnant) And she let us do preps and extensions but that's it.

I am so jealous. I technically have a middle school program and coach, however, they can not stunt despite the coach's best efforts and she has pretty much shut my staff and I out. Also, they tumble VERY WELL, but it is b/c she has a lot of level 6-8 gymnasts on the team from our local gymnastics program and none of them can balance cheer and competitive gymnastics in high school, so I will never see them. Also, she pretty much "brags" about how I won't get her "good ones" b/c they are all gymnasts or continuing to do all-star cheer. Honestly, they struggle w/ preps and extensions and they cradle by jumping and throwing themselves back... the clean up I need to do when they reach high school, UGH.. even the girls will tell me how they were taught to cradle.... and the horror, she used to be the JV coach in the high school...

She is no help to me :-(

This just popped into my head. What does UCA classify as a "Junior High" squad. Some areas define middle/junior high school as 6th, 7th, and 8th, while in some areas, 6th grade is part of Elementary and 7th, 8th, and 9th, form Junior High. It doesn't seem fair to me that a group without the ability to have 9th graders had to compete against a Junior High team that came from an area that did have 9th graders. Obviously the team with the 9th graders has an advantage. Does anyone know how this is handled? Does having 9th graders on your team bump you up into JV?

This just popped into my head. What does UCA classify as a "Junior High" squad. Some areas define middle/junior high school as 6th, 7th, and 8th, while in some areas, 6th grade is part of Elementary and 7th, 8th, and 9th, form Junior High. It doesn't seem fair to me that a group without the ability to have 9th graders had to compete against a Junior High team that came from an area that did have 9th graders. Obviously the team with the 9th graders has an advantage. Does anyone know how this is handled? Does having 9th graders on your team bump you up into JV?
We didn't compete at UCA but my Junior High was 8th and 9th and we never knew what rules to follow (well 8th grade obviously but 9th grade we were unsure). We were technically highschoolers but we were still at a Junior High so it was confusing. We couldn't do baskets because our coach didn't want to risk it (in MO junior highs cant do baskets, idk about other places)

Back