All-Star Fierce Photos 2014-2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The best is when all star trends try to make their way over to my HS kids.

*shows up to game with hair teased to the Gods a la current Smoed*
*loses it when I tell them they have 30 minutes to fix it because I said slicked pony and small poof*
THIS. Nothing worse than someone showing up with a texas sized allstar poof to a game where everyone has a very collegiate hairstyle going on.

Re: hair, to me, the most important thing is uniformity across the squad - if you want a huge 8 inch high poof and a huge pony tail that's 20 inches long and 15 inches high, that's fine, but make sure every female on the squad has that - ones w/ short hair get a hair-piece fake ponytail, or better yet, make everyone get the same hair-piece fake pony-tail so everyone's hair is identical.

To me a big part of cheer is uniformity among the squad - they are wearing uniforms so they all look the same, the same shoes and socks, they are judged on if they jump together, tumble together, how the pyramid is timed together, etc., and then you got all these kids doing crazy/different things w/ their hair (kids with crazy short bobs, kids w/ streaks of purple and blue, etc.) so they can "stand out"? It just goes against the spirit of cheerleading if you ask me.

Same deal w/ make-up. Do a class where the whole team learns the right way to do it and ensure that they all did it right when they show up for check-in - and the coach tell them to go fix themselves if they are not in line w/ the rules.

CP's gym is a big offender of this and it drives me crazy (maybe it's my dance background ;)) - the beginning of the year info says the hair/makeup is supposed to be no poof w/ a straight pony tail, uniform matching glitter on the eyelids, a certain color of lipstick, etc. Then we show up at the comp and third of the kids have poofs (all of varying degrees), huge teased out curtly pony tails, a third have braids, and only some actually listened to the rule - and don't get me started about the makeup discrepancies. Lol.

I doubt the judges take off points for this, but I really think it detracts from the overall impression of the routine. If I ever owned a cheer place, or if I was a judge, I would be a stickler for this type of thing big time.
So because I'm on a cheer team I shouldn't cut or grow my hair any different than the other girls on the team? I shouldn't add some streaks of my favourite colour?

So because I'm on a cheer team I shouldn't cut or grow my hair any different than the other girls on the team? I shouldn't add some streaks of my favourite colour?

Unless the hair is so short that it can't even be slicked back w/ gel and put into enough of a bun to attach a fake pony too, pretty much any hair can me made to look uniform w/ a fake ponytail hair piece - and if there are streaks of a crazy color those can be covered up too (fake ponytail will get the long piece and a spray or rinse can cover the part close to the head that goes into the bun.

I liken it to how some people have to cover up tattoos when they go to work.

If it were an extremely selective Worlds or college team, I'm sure very few would give their coaches a hard time about following appearance rules ;) - even if it meant something like not being allowed to put a purple steak in their hair or keep their hair at least long enough to fit in a bun - but I know reality is that most programs wouldn't want to lose an athlete over something like hair or tattoes.

Her hair doesn't distract me at all. It's no different than ML on SSX last season with the red hair. Her hair was pretty big, but I loved it & I still do. Lol
And you can't tell the other 3 smoed girls' hair is dyed when they're on the floor. I don't see the big fuss over it. They're just having fun!
i disagree about not being able to notice. i was watching smoed in potato version and could tell angel's hair was blue.

I get they're young and having fun but they're in a sport that values uniformity in a routine. I'm a fan of some volume but it gets to be a little much when you're the only one doing it regardless of how long your hair is, it doesn't need to be that big to the point where you grow four inches.

I get they're young and having fun but they're in a sport that values uniformity in a routine. I'm a fan of some volume but it gets to be a little much when you're the only one doing it regardless of how long your hair is, it doesn't need to be that big to the point where you grow four inches.
They're also in a sport where their SKILLS in the routine are judged, not their hair...

So I have a question for all of you who are saying uniformity is the most important thing and no one should stand out: What do you think of Maddie Gardner's short hair/"Maddie's Headband" days? Surely that is against your "uniformity" rules, right? She was the only one on the team with that hair do! And she most definitely stood out, we all praised her for it being "Maddie's headband" - not "Senior Elite's headbands."

So I have a question for all of you who are saying uniformity is the most important thing and no one should stand out: What do you think of Maddie Gardner's short hair/"Maddie's Headband" days? Surely that is against your "uniformity" rules, right? She was the only one on the team with that hair do! And she most definitely stood out, we all praised her for it being "Maddie's headband" - not "Senior Elite's headbands."

That's an interesting point - same deal w/ the Smoed twin bobs, that girl on Smoed now who used to be on SSX w/ the bright red hair, etc. I honestly think all these things are attempts at standing out so the person can get one step closer to cheerlebrity-ness - so that they can be known as "that girl on <insert team name here> with the <insert special style here> hair" even if it is just among the regional area's cheer scene and not nationally. Then you also got to wonder, did that headband make Maddie G a little more well known? What about the SMOED twins w/ their matching bobs - did it get them some more magazine covers? What's up w/ Angels blue hair now that she's on Smoed - why didn't she do that on Ray's?

I just often wonder if these girls would be doing these things to their hair if they didn't cheer and weren't on a mat trying to "stand out" from the rest of the group. I feel it kind of goes against the spirit of being a team - and it also can be distracting when watching a routine if your eye keeps being drawn to one person's hair.

However, before I get flamed, I just want to say this is really not a huge deal to me, just my observations/thoughts - I'm not a "blue hair hater" or a "bob hairstyle hater" - lol. I'm just pro-uniformity when it comes to hair and makeup on cheer squads. It's supposed to be a team sport where everyone is equal, but there seems to be a trend towards "being the star" nowadays and this hair thing is just a tiny little piece of it I've picked up on.

That's an interesting point - same deal w/ the Smoed twin bobs, that girl on Smoed now who used to be on SSX w/ the bright red hair, etc. I honestly think all these things are attempts at standing out so the person can get one step closer to cheerlebrity-ness - so that they can be known as "that girl on <insert team name here> with the <insert special style here> hair" even if it is just among the regional area's cheer scene and not nationally. Then you also got to wonder, did that headband make Maddie G a little more well known? What about the SMOED twins w/ their matching bobs - did it get them some more magazine covers? What's up w/ Angels blue hair now that she's on Smoed - why didn't she do that on Ray's?

I just often wonder if these girls would be doing these things to their hair if they didn't cheer and weren't on a mat trying to "stand out" from the rest of the group. I feel it kind of goes against the spirit of being a team - and it also can be distracting when watching a routine if your eye keeps being drawn to one person's hair.

However, before I get flamed, I just want to say this is really not a huge deal to me, just my observations/thoughts - I'm not a "blue hair hater" or a "bob hairstyle hater" - lol. I'm just pro-uniformity when it comes to hair and makeup on cheer squads. It's supposed to be a team sport where everyone is equal, but there seems to be a trend towards "being the star" nowadays and this hair thing is just a tiny little piece of it I've picked up on.

I personally like uniformity too but my current team lets us wear what ever make up we like and finally got rid of the poff and just had teased pony tails which looked better a apart from a couple who went crazy with the teasing.

I think if your hair is short you shouldn't have to wear extensions but try and get as much hair looking like the rest of the team eg wear a the same way not a head band

i wasn't on fierce board (or maybe even in cheer?) for the headband days but I can say in 2012 when she had bangs i had the same opinions

I don't "wonder" any of these things. I really just don't care what their hair and make up look like. I do believe though, if you want to stand out, you better good, because I will judge your skills if you make me look.

Re: hair, to me, the most important thing is uniformity across the squad - if you want a huge 8 inch high poof and a huge pony tail that's 20 inches long and 15 inches high, that's fine, but make sure every female on the squad has that - ones w/ short hair get a hair-piece fake ponytail, or better yet, make everyone get the same hair-piece fake pony-tail so everyone's hair is identical.

To me a big part of cheer is uniformity among the squad - they are wearing uniforms so they all look the same, the same shoes and socks, they are judged on if they jump together, tumble together, how the pyramid is timed together, etc., and then you got all these kids doing crazy/different things w/ their hair (kids with crazy short bobs, kids w/ streaks of purple and blue, etc.) so they can "stand out"? It just goes against the spirit of cheerleading if you ask me.

Same deal w/ make-up. Do a class where the whole team learns the right way to do it and ensure that they all did it right when they show up for check-in - and the coach tell them to go fix themselves if they are not in line w/ the rules.

CP's gym is a big offender of this and it drives me crazy (maybe it's my dance background ;)) - the beginning of the year info says the hair/makeup is supposed to be no poof w/ a straight pony tail, uniform matching glitter on the eyelids, a certain color of lipstick, etc. Then we show up at the comp and third of the kids have poofs (all of varying degrees), huge teased out curtly pony tails, a third have braids, and only some actually listened to the rule - and don't get me started about the makeup discrepancies. Lol.

I doubt the judges take off points for this, but I really think it detracts from the overall impression of the routine. If I ever owned a cheer place, or if I was a judge, I would be a stickler for this type of thing big time.
I pretty much feel the exact opposite of this. :) I realize that your thinking is pretty much the norm in the cheer world now, but I'm old. I was a collegiate cheerleader in the 80's, and we wore our hair however we wanted. We looked like ourselves. (And no bows - hair bows were something worn by small children, not college age girls - or even high school.)

Frankly, I think that if people didn't have the expectation that everyone would look the same, the differences wouldn't be a distraction.

46d6b3b4a832c4ff270f4f07607210ea.jpg

f8e85b8e99ab5b7ab751da0283147b5e.jpg

It's my Royal Cobras!![emoji7][emoji7]

Lol well she does have more hair than the rest of her team but she mostly stands out in the dance because she is center and her hair has seem to create quite the following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her hair is so big it can have its own zip code..

Back