All-Star Floyd Mayweather Freaks Out Over Jamz All Star Cheer Judging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know there is Varsity peeps in this forum, they make sure we don't post videos [emoji849][emoji23] so I would love a transparent answer to why they don't post scores and only give to coaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again back to why a AMA is needed with @ASCheerMan I cannot understand it either, usually the more transparency equals less issues and acquisitions. Perhaps the event producers got tired of answering questions from every Tom, richard or Jane that thought they understood how scoring should be done or perhaps it is to drive more people that want results and scores to use FloCheer and Varsity.tv.

i dont want to judge, but when a guy as rich as mayweather doesnt get what he wants, of course he's going to complain. Just another case of when your surrounded by people who say yes to everything you do in life, you become arrogant and spoiled at some point.
if anything i feel bad for his kid and the coaches (did they complain too?) it was probably pretty embarrassing.

i agree that they should share scoresheets to the public. I get part of the reason why they dont do it is because they dont want the everyday joe who doesnt understand scoring to complain, but i still think its something that should be shared to the parents who are basically funding the dang sport.

Went through this at comp this weekend. a team that was 6th after day 1 with no deductions miraculously jumps to 3rd with the highest score in the entire level for that day.

Again back to why a AMA is needed with @ASCheerMan I cannot understand it either, usually the more transparency equals less issues and acquisitions. Perhaps the event producers got tired of answering questions from every Tom, richard or Jane that thought they understood how scoring should be done or perhaps it is to drive more people that want results and scores to use FloCheer and Varsity.tv.

The argument that every Tom Rich and Jane would complain and EP's would get tired of answering questions is craziness to me.. How does every other sport do it? This a list of some sports that are judged subjectively,
  • Ice skating/dancing.
  • Synchronized swimming.
  • Dance gymnastics.
  • BMX biking.
  • Skateboarding.
  • Freestyle skiing.
  • Ski-jumping.
  • Diving.
ALL show scores. Do they have a better system of fending off Tom Rich and Jane? If so, what is it?

anyway, anyone that knows anything about Floyd Mayweather should not be shocked that he thinks his money should buy results. All I can say is his behavior is no worse than what is displayed by parents on a field every weekend on mostly every American youth sport, and it is embarrassing.

I know it's been a while, but if you (or anyone) haven't seen them and are still interested, all scores are in the NCA Google doc that was created

Thank you. Where can I find the google doc, I looked in the NCA 2017 post but didn't see it.

This is an update to the first article:

Floyd Mayweather NOT BANNED From Cheerleading Event ... 'We Talked It Out' | TMZ.com

Ok. I admit it. I hope one day he has a child on a worlds team and that he does this at worlds with all the crap that has happened there over the years. Can you imagine him being upset over the slip and slide gym mats or the tape on the doors preventing people from an emergency exit if needed? Then, and perhaps only then, will the rest of the world actually notice the issues in AS cheer.

Let's face it, parents FUND cheer. All Star cheer wouldn't exist without parents. So yes, their questions should be answered, they should be more transparent, and they should be respected. It's sad that the only parents who get this respect from the industry are the ones with loads of $$$...............

I think he could have handled it differently but I totally get where you are coming from, this is the only sport that I follow that doesn't give out scores to the public [emoji848] very odd and I don't get what's they big secret with NOT making scores available to everyone.

BIGGEST PET PEVE. Sorry for the caps lol. I paid for the cheerupdates app when it first came out. It hardly has scores because they are so secret, the FBI and CIA have them under lock and key.

This is an update to the first article:

Floyd Mayweather NOT BANNED From Cheerleading Event ... 'We Talked It Out' | TMZ.com

Ok. I admit it. I hope one day he has a child on a worlds team and that he does this at worlds with all the crap that has happened there over the years. Can you imagine him being upset over the slip and slide gym mats or the tape on the doors preventing people from an emergency exit if needed? Then, and perhaps only then, will the rest of the world actually notice the issues in AS cheer.

Let's face it, parents FUND cheer. All Star cheer wouldn't exist without parents. So yes, their questions should be answered, they should be more transparent, and they should be respected. It's sad that the only parents who get this respect from the industry are the ones with loads of $$$...............
I'm sure the fact that he might hit really hard has some impact too ;)

and I can't stop giggling at this ---
"We took him into the back. We explained the judging. We even laughed some," the rep tells us.
laughing AFTER explaining the judging

What if Floyd's kid was on a Worlds team during WET MATGATE?

Or "everybody let's have Worlds teams go on after 11 or almost midnight" gate?

Can you imagine how much the EP and USASF may have actually CARED?!

Who is going to stand up to Floyd and tell him "we don't show scoresheets" or "sir your daughter has to perform on an unsafe wet mat?"

Can someone work some age grid magic to make her Worlds eligible in 25 days?

Please.

Back