All-Star Flyer Stretch Time

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

in high school, i never had time. i woke up at 530, showered, got ready, went to school until 2, straight to practice until 5, and then i worked until 10/11 almost every night. add in homework, football and basketball games, weekend practices and competitions, and i had zero time. i stretched some at practice but not nearly enough.

so eventually i had to figure out how to use my time more wisely. in gym class at school, we got to choose "electives" (i.e. you could choose between soccer, archery, yoga, lifting, etc. for each semester) so, i was the only girl to choose going to our weight room with the football players and i would stretch there. my teacher didn't mind because i was doing something physical and i would still lift for about 10 minutes. (periods were 45 min) I would stretch for the remaining 30 minutes. My coach also thought of ways for us to stretch in class in our desks. :p (and yes everyone thought we were insane) but even an extra 5 min here and there did help.

I also spent the five minutes before i went to sleep and the five minutes before i got out of my bed in the morning stretching in my bed. since i was already laying down, i would do "kicks" and pull some things. you'd be surprised how much the little things eventually do help.

Well we have a mandatory flyer class once a week for a hour and then I would usually stretch when im watching a tv show for 15 to 30 minutes every day.

in high school, i never had time. i woke up at 530, showered, got ready, went to school until 2, straight to practice until 5, and then i worked until 10/11 almost every night. add in homework, football and basketball games, weekend practices and competitions, and i had zero time. i stretched some at practice but not nearly enough.

so eventually i had to figure out how to use my time more wisely. in gym class at school, we got to choose "electives" (i.e. you could choose between soccer, archery, yoga, lifting, etc. for each semester) so, i was the only girl to choose going to our weight room with the football players and i would stretch there. my teacher didn't mind because i was doing something physical and i would still lift for about 10 minutes. (periods were 45 min) I would stretch for the remaining 30 minutes. My coach also thought of ways for us to stretch in class in our desks. :p (and yes everyone thought we were insane) but even an extra 5 min here and there did help.

I also spent the five minutes before i went to sleep and the five minutes before i got out of my bed in the morning stretching in my bed. since i was already laying down, i would do "kicks" and pull some things. you'd be surprised how much the little things eventually do help.
My coach also thought of ways for us to stretch in class in our desks. :p: what are those ways!! haha sounds like fun

i stretch about 30 minutes every day. it sounds like a little bit, but it really helps. i have a straight leg scorp now! its great do stretch infront of a mirror because then you can see what you need to improve on. now when i stretch i just do different teams stunt sequences... it helps!:rolleyes: call me crazy!

I'm not a flyer, but I stretch about an hour four-ish times a week. It definitely works, because I have a decent heel stretch on both legs and a straight leg scorpion now!

I stretch 30mins-45mins a day. It sounds crazy but I seriously wouldn't stop doing it even if I tried; the improvement i've made is crazy. I'm starting to hyperextend one of my spikes and am so close to a spike on my other leg too!

Back