All-Star Flying Problem.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't flown in awhile so I've started stretching again because I'll actually be one of the main flyers this year. It's been going well, but I can't do an aerobesque. I mean, I can, but it hurts my back a ton. I'm thinking I should wait and stretch my back out more before I try it again. Also, I can't pull a scorpion to save my life, how do you grab your foot to pull it up? I asked my friend and the way she does it is way complicated haha.

When you're stretching for your scorp, don't forget upper thoracic (area between your shoulders), and shoulder flexibility. I've found that some of my really strong tumblers (who have great shoulder and arm muscles), lack the range of motion they need to pull scorp and spike. Some excercises that really help on shoulder flex...lay on your back on top of a stack of panel mats with your body running the length of the mat. Put a pool noodle beneath your shoulder area with your arms extended back over your head, then have someone gently press your arms down toward the floor. Make sure you keep your body lying flat on the mat.

Good luck! :)

Back