Flying Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-Pick a spot ahead of you (about where the wall meets the ceiling) and FOCUS on that spot the entire time.

-focus on putting weight more of the ball of the foot, rather than just the extreme toe or heel

-It helps when balancing to think of lifting up your lib leg rather than trying to balance yourself on your weight-bearing leg. I don't know why, but it helps

-try not to adjust yourself too much in the air. That is your bases' job :) it makes it a lot easier to keep you balanced when you just stay tight and let us balance you

-don't give up in a stunt or expect it to fall (self-fulfilling prophecy...)

I hoped these helped! Best of luck.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just look at something in front of you and remember that it's a lot easier for your bases to catch a tight top than a loose one if your falling! And don't cradle yourself! Ride up holding your body position and don't drop your leg until you hit the highest point and start to come down. Also it helps your bases a lot if you pull up and help hold your weight up!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay tight, squeeze your core and keep pulling your weight up through your shoulders.

I am also a flyer and this is our first year of having level 3:p So excited!! Anyway I couldn't hit very we'll until my backspot touched this certain spot on my calf. Now I hit perfect!! We call it "the spot" and all of our flyers have a different random spot that if their backspot touches they are immediately calm and balanced. Lol it sounds pretty weird but it worked for us and I hope it helps you!!

I am also a flyer and this is our first year of having level 3:p So excited!! Anyway I couldn't hit very we'll until my backspot touched this certain spot on my calf. Now I hit perfect!! We call it "the spot" and all of our flyers have a different random spot that if their backspot touches they are immediately calm and balanced. Lol it sounds pretty weird but it worked for us and I hope it helps you!!
*well lol

What everyone else has said is all really good. As long as your staying tight and focusing on your spot you will be fine. Don't try and balance yourself, it is easier for your bases to balance a tight flyer you is slightly off balance, than it is for them to balance a flyer who is flailing her arms around and falling out of the stunt because she is trying to balance herself. Take it from a base aha! :)

Try to keep your hips "in line". With this it is harder to be off balance, because you won't get to much weight on your weight bearing leg.

Think about squeezing every single muscle you have and if you fall keep your legs together & arms by your side. Basing someone that is tight is way easier than basing someone who is wiggling in the air trying to get their balance. It's also 100x easier to catch someone that "stays in their tube" (that's what we call it at my gym) If you swing your arms and legs around when you fall you'll probably hit your bases and they might not be able to catch you. :( Good luck!

Back