High School football players & cheerleaders!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 3, 2010
how does your team support the football players and how do the football players support you?! my team bakes the players cupcakes, cookies, and brownies every week and gives them to them along with a bottle of gatorade after their game! we also decorate signs with their individual names and numbers and hang them up around school! we wear their jerseys to school the day of the homecoming game. In return, they give us flowers at the homecoming pep rally! how does it work at your school?!

The cheerleaders at my school do the same and even a little more, but the football players do nothing! They also complained when the cheerleaders got a special announcement for placing at state and made facebook statuses complaining about them, it's real ignorant!

at my school they dont really do that much. we used to give the football players little pretty bags of candy before every game. like we'd decorate their locker room and put candy bags in each of their lockers, but the football players started complaining on what candy they got so we stopped giving them candy.

They tried to make us decorate their locker room one year, but it just didnt work out well. We weren't very good at it and it took way too much time and money to make stuff for them (we were a large texas hs). We ended up just making signs to hang around school and their locker room and then let drill team (dance team which was 3 times as big as we were) decorate for them. They were much more into it and actually had time during their practice to decorate, since all they did for football season were short halftime performances.

I wish my highschool did stuff like this!!
but up here in Canada were not into football, our cheer teams are more allstar like
we dont really "cheer" for teams at all
BUT I REALLY WANT TO!!!

In the summer we get football players ( the seniors only ) and we share them with one other cheerleader we have to bake for themm and we decorate their lockers. In return they give us flowers. We are told to talk to them and become good friends with them, thats the only good part haha.

We decorate the locker room before homecoming, the first game, and our rival game, give them candy and sometimes other stuff on those days when we decorate the locker room, paint signs to decorate the field, and help them fundraise a little bit.
In return they give us some of the profit from the fundraisers and invite us to one or two team dinners a year.

At my school, just about every other game you get them gatorade or a baked good. Everyone is assigned a senior to do this for. Then we go to the after parties at the senior football captains houses. And we also decorate their houses the night before Thanksgiving which is a lot of fun :)

we make signs for them to run through for every gameee and decorate stuff for them for homecoming. sometimes we make them cookies and stuff but not usually. we get flowers from our basketball team on the last home game of the season but nothing from the football team.

at my school each varsity cheerleader picks a football player. If the football player is a senior then before every home game we decorate their houses as a team. We also decorate the locker room before every home game. If you have a senior player you also make them a goody bag before every game. The day before a home game we wear teeshirts we make with our players name and number and some saying like "our field our game" At the homecoming pep-rally the cheerleaders are presented with flowers and usually your football players parents give you some sort of gift at the end of the season.

we make run through signs, boxes with food in them for every game, before our rival game we have to decorate their room and they get us flowers and a $100 gift

how does your team support the football players and how do the football players support you?! my team bakes the players cupcakes, cookies, and brownies every week and gives them to them along with a bottle of gatorade after their game! we also decorate signs with their individual names and numbers and hang them up around school! we wear their jerseys to school the day of the homecoming game. In return, they give us flowers at the homecoming pep rally! how does it work at your school?!

how cute!! I love it

every week a "secret cheerleader" would make their football player (only seniors) a shoebox filled with a hoagie, drink, chips, candy and toys for them to enjoy during lunch. we would leave them in the office in their morning and then they pick them up. we wrap the boxes nice and put lots of glitter on them.
the week of the last game we go all out. the cheerleaders go to their houses and decorate their bedrooms with streamers and candy and balloons. we make them a humongous box (like Ugg sized stacked with 2 others) and reveal ourselves to them at the pep rally. they buy a flowers and a small bag with candy.
later, at the banquet they buy us a big gift like jewelry or something that costs around $100.
its really a nice thing and i enjoy doing it for the boys.
usually it is the senior girls giving to senior boys, but we had 18 senior boys and only 3 girls, so every person on the cheer team had to make a box and i had to make 2.

Back