College Forced To Forfeit Nca Title

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never said it was blown out of proportion, I mean sucks that he added that to his name but its his fault. Regardless of wether the alleged team members went to the school before or not, cheating is cheating.

Plenty of teams do it. college and all star. they just happened to get caught. he still created a first place routine and is one of the most creative, talented coaches in the state and perhaps the country. there is no need to strip him of that recognition. the thing that sucks is that he wasn't given any pull in the school to recruit or help with new athletes acceptance into the school. and its not like those kids never went to the school. they finished like the semester before or something. this was definitely blown out of proportion, but who better to make a big deal out of something than cheerleaders.
Your joking right? Just bc its not the first time doesn't make it right. Wah wah wah that the school doesn't support him, have you ever heard of the University of Alabama!? University doesn't support that program either, recruited, COACHED and WON DIA and UCA without CHEATING. Its easy to make a first place routine when you CHEAT. I don't feel sorry for him not ONE BIT. I hope more happens to him and his program. I agree with previous poster that I wish NCA would crack down as well.

Plenty of teams do it. college and all star. they just happened to get caught. he still created a first place routine and is one of the most creative, talented coaches in the state and perhaps the country. there is no need to strip him of that recognition. the thing that sucks is that he wasn't given any pull in the school to recruit or help with new athletes acceptance into the school. and its not like those kids never went to the school. they finished like the semester before or something. this was definitely blown out of proportion, but who better to make a big deal out of something than cheerleaders.

I think you need to take an ethics class.

I think NCA and by association all Varsity brands should bar him from any interaction or sanction him in some way. If he has All Star certification he should lose it since their is an assumption of ethics related to that as well.

The event producers have the most ability to uphold the standards of this sport at all levels.

I absolutely agree @sharkdad, but not just Varsity. USASF needs to strip Eric of any title he has with the organization and I'm publicly asking that it be done. I'll be sending an email to as many USASF people as I can with that request.

Having said that, I'll not "defriend" him on Facebook and I hope he turns things around. He could still do choreography, etc and things which don't involve actually getting people on teams and impacting eligibility.

He owns Cheerpros, which is the biggest of the smaller comps. Smaller because they don't bring in teams from out of state. Bigger because they bring in most of the high schools, allstars, local colleges for both cheer and dance, more than most of the big name comps. He's done so much for this sport, but this makes you question everything which is really sad.

His talent is out the window the moment he took athletes to Daytona that did not belong on the team. I do not care how many national titles he has won with other teams, who is to say this is the first time he has done this? How is this blown out of proportion? He basically STOLE a national title from SFA small coed because he knew very well that he was cheating. He has not only embarrassed members of the team, who will forever have to live up to people knowing they were members of the team that cheated, but also the University.

Ok so they didn't help him recruit, do you think the University of Louisville gives James Speed the ok to accept athletes into the school that do not meet the qualifications to get into the school? Or do you think University of Kentucky puts Jomo on their private jet with Coach Calipari to go around the nation and recruit? Doubt it.

I also wish I could shimmy ACEDAD and Sharkdad's posts multiple times because something needs to be done to keep this many from hurting another program.

I hope people take into account integrity as much as they do past successes when they decide whether or not to deal with him.

I would wager that a majority of the teams who compete in Daytona don't receive support from their schools. I know mine didn't - we could compete but only if we paid for it all ourselves. It's just something you have to work with, but it doesn't give anyone an excuse to cheat.

I'm 100% certian that many other teams had issues they had to over come and had they just added some non students they could've also put together a first place routine. He's the one to blame if he's remembered as the coach that cheated.

Plenty of teams do it, is not an excuse, but that's what I keep seeing and hearing, maybe it's more common here in Cali but I wish that all the cheaters were exposed. I hear there's a team with more alternates than is allowed going to Worlds, I've heard it from team members and parents, I don't know who the athletes are so I wouldn't know the diff at Worlds, I'm wondering if it really is true if the process will catch it.

I would wager that a majority of the teams who compete in Daytona don't receive support from their schools. I know mine didn't - we could compete but only if we paid for it all ourselves. It's just something you have to work with, but it doesn't give anyone an excuse to cheat.

This is the price of not being considered a sport.

Back