All-Star French Webseries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i'm wondering if this is the Team with the tiny tiny blonde girl i took a picture with at the ICU Opening ceremony. We looked really funny together

i'm wondering if this is the Team with the tiny tiny blonde girl i took a picture with at the ICU Opening ceremony. We looked really funny together

Could be. They were Team France last year (and several times before that too, not sure which). And they qualified again for next year too.

So apparently my French has slipped to the point where I can only understand it if it's spoken in a non-French accent :oops: Will definitely be watching and trying to improve though!

I've never been good at understanding french from natives. I was wondering if the blonde coach is American or primarily an English speaker because I can kind of understand what she's saying.

I've never been good at understanding french from natives. I was wondering if the blonde coach is American or primarily an English speaker because I can kind of understand what she's saying.

I think she's American (not 100% sure, but her accent seems American to me). In the documentary about their Worlds team in 2012, you can hear her speak in English several times and she definitely sounds like a native English speaker (Cheers ! for example in the forth one, around the middle, she comforts the team captain and the entire conversation is in English).

I think she's American (not 100% sure, but her accent seems American to me). In the documentary about their Worlds team in 2012, you can hear her speak in English several times and she definitely sounds like a native English speaker (Cheers ! for example in the forth one, around the middle, she comforts the team captain and the entire conversation is in English).

As soon as I posted I realized it was probably a stupid question. She definitely isn't a native french speaker.

In high school french class we used to have to pick an article from TV5 and summarize it the class. Funny that you're posting a link to the same website.

after hearing Mellisa (blonde) and Camille (brunette) speak, they both sounded american to me based on both their american accent and colloquialisms.

ETA : This one is almost entirely in French so I'll try to explain a bit.
Basically, it's the tryouts for the lower level teams. Tryouts are held with independent judges who grade the athletes on all the usual requirements, in order to help Melissa and Camille select teams afterwards. The rest is pretty standard (scary judging panel, proud of skills that went well, disappointed about what didn't go well and such).

Last edited:

after hearing Mellisa (blonde) and Camille (brunette) speak, they both sounded american to me based on both their american accent and colloquialisms.

Yes they're both american and no french native speakers :)
Melissa lived in the US and coached there until she moved to France a few years ago.!!! She brings a real american spirit to her teams and I find this awesome !
And Camille is also american and came to France to study or work ;)

Here it is for this week : first part of the tryouts for the other group.

And videos from the routines performed by their all girl and coed elite teams at their showcase last week end (the coed team with red bows is the one coming to Worlds).

New episode for this week (longer than usual). There's a lot of talking for the first fifteen minutes or so, mostly athletes talking about how they felt when they got their team placements. After that, it's mostly practice time, so it should be much easier to follow for non French speakers !

Back