College Full Oregon V. Apu Meet Posted Online

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you so much for posting this! My daughter and I just watched it together! Very interesting!!

Wow great meet!!

One thing I (and a lot of people from the all star world) worried about was a lack of creativity in this new sport, but I was VERY impressed with the originality in the stunts, pyramids, and routines of this meet!!!

(I was particularly intrigued with APU's 211 where the middle layer was at the 2 high level and held the top top in a belly half... also Oregon's FRONT double basket, so cool)

These ladies had great power and intensity which really kept me interested. I just wish the meet ran a little quicker with less wait time between events, but it is already looking MUCH better than last years meets

I really feel like if you are an amazing strong base with some tumbling this is a fantastic option!! These bases are BEAST. I loved the "stuck" landings on all the tumbling :). I was a little surprised that the flyers didn't seem to show the same over the top confidence and flexibility that they did on some of the STUNT teams? Hopefully over time that will continue to improve. I couldn't help but notice all the braces on these girls......ankle, knee, wrist, you name it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Please get rid of the gloves.

Please get rid of the gloves.

I gotta say .. I was a glove hater until I tried stunting with a pair of them - on some of the releases, pyramids and baskets they really help a lot. I don't think all of the teams have them as a uniform requirement, it's kind of a personal preference thing. If it helps keep a stunt in the air, I'm all for it but they take some getting used to.

I gotta say .. I was a glove hater until I tried stunting with a pair of them - on some of the releases, pyramids and baskets they really help a lot. I don't think all of the teams have them as a uniform requirement, it's kind of a personal preference thing. If it helps keep a stunt in the air, I'm all for it but they take some getting used to.

I have stunted with both, so I understand the desire for them...kinda.

But they are kinda like the circus music in their routine, just grating and not attractive. We made fun of the guy who wore gloves on our team back in the day.

I have stunted with both, so I understand the desire for them...kinda.

But they are kinda like the circus music in their routine, just grating and not attractive. We made fun of the guy who wore gloves on our team back in the day.

So true!!!

My personal favorite was the full routine by Oregon, including the small section with circus leaps and random cartwheels.

I think it really lacks the creativity and flair that competetive cheerleading has. And I really think taking away the glittery uniforms, gigantic bows, sparkly makeup, and shimmies just makes it too different and not as enjoyable. It seems more like a gymnastics meet type atmosphere.

And I think the shoes Oregon is wearing are Nike Free's, obviously custom made because of Oregon's connections to Nike.

I think it really lacks the creativity and flair that competetive cheerleading has. And I really think taking away the glittery uniforms, gigantic bows, sparkly makeup, and shimmies just makes it too different and not as enjoyable. It seems more like a gymnastics meet type atmosphere.

We had to take most of the "jazz" of allstar because the NCATA is trying to make competitive cheerleading an actual varsity sport in college.

Oh my goodness don't mention BOWS....this was posted by an Oregon fan and they certainly DON'T like bows...or ribbons...or bow & arrows (as they can't do them). The Oregon crown and team/staff were making fun of Maryland who wear simple 7/8" black ribbons in their hair. Funny, some of the signs said No Bows.. and We Don't Wear Bows we Throw Them (although Oregon could hardly throw full team heel stretches, never mind switchup to bows). Sorry..do I sound bitter. I'm just speaking of MY observations at the Oregon/Maryland "championship" that happend two weekends ago. Let me just add that the other teams were MUCH more even keeled about not trying to over do the "sport" thing and take the excitement, power, flexibilty, agility out of the "sport" we've known as competitive cheer. Congrats to those teams (Azusa Pacific, Baylor, Fairmont, Quinnipiac, Maryland)

Back