All-Star Fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My dad used to get season tickets to MLB games every year and he'd donate whichever he wasn't using and we would raffle them off. Always got us a good amount of money, I'd just ask around and see if anyone has anything fun that they'd be willing to raffle. My city has a farmers market as well and they sell stuff there sometimes- not sure how it's gone but it sounds like a good idea. We'd also go door to door bottle collecting- you would be surprised how much we made doing that a few times each summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For an IOC5 team (older athletes) we did an auction for services. Tutoring, baking by culinary student, photo session by future photographer, 2 hours of "muscle" for moving cleaning etc., make up /hair at competition babysitting. Etc. It was very profitable.

those calendars usually sell well too--you have a prize for each day and everyone who buys a calendar gets their name thrown into a raffle.

Quarter Social/Quarter Mania/Quarter Auction have been our best fundraisers. They're fairly easy to arrange and the athletes don't have to "sell" anything...although doing ticket presales is nice for the participating vendors to know how much cash and carry to have on hand.

Quarter Social/Quarter Mania/Quarter Auction have been our best fundraisers. They're fairly easy to arrange and the athletes don't have to "sell" anything...although doing ticket presales is nice for the participating vendors to know how much cash and carry to have on hand.
Someone just suggested the quarter auction for us. I looked it up, but it doesn't seem like you would make much money? I must not understand it completely.

Someone just suggested the quarter auction for us. I looked it up, but it doesn't seem like you would make much money? I must not understand it completely.

We are a micro gym with under 20 athletes and we make on average $7-800. We get our event space donated usually (local school or we have a very inexpensive community center). We charge each vendor $30 and they provide their own table for display. (we average 10-15 vendors in a small venue) They receive one bidding paddle and the first round of quarters. We get the paddle sales ($5/each or 3 for $10) and the quarters from the next two rounds of auctions.

Last edited:
Our gym doesn't have a booster club so it has been really difficult to find fundraisers. In the past we've done yankee candles, beef jerky and flower bulbs. Last month we participated in the iCheer Cookie fundraiser (think girl scout cookie sales but all boxes are decorated with cheerleaders ;) ). That was, by far, the easiest thing to sell. I liked the program so much that I recently joined their team. Not sure how much I'm allowed to post here so if you'd like more info feel free to pm me.

Our previous gym did a great fundraiser for Summit...the teams that were going (a Jr team and a Sr team) hosted a cheer clinic at the gym. It was geared to beginners. Obviously the gym was involved, and it was supervised heavily by coaches. It seemed to be a win-win. The gym got a lot of new recruits, and the athletes that participated got $$.

Fundraising at our previous gym never really got off the ground, but we did: Canning, Beef and Beer(with Chinese Auction), salsa sale, pie sale, christmas tree sale, candygrams, and scripts. Our new gym is a machine:
Canning (we can make $300 or more a weekend from the split- and we are in week 10 of canning at this point)
Amusment Park Ticket Sales (we got $12 per ticket we sold) our PBC got them at a discount and set the price
Dip/Drink Mixes (I think we got 2 or 4 per item sold)
Ponzanti Bread sale (Again I think we got a few dollars per item- I don't really sell things so I tend not to pay attention)
Football Pool
Coach Bingo
Pie Sale
Wreath sale (sherwood forest one someone else mentioned)
Coupon Book Sales
Joe Corbi Pizza Sale
Beef and Beer
30 Chances to win
Yankee Candle Sale
Scripts (we get a percentage from each gift card we buy- so for example I am going to the grocery store and I spend $200- I buy an electronic giftcard at the register on my phone- they scan it and I get 2% back to my account. There are so many stores and such that it all adds up quickly- all of my gas stations are script. I also buy plastic cards to give as gifts)
Staffing road races ($50 per volunteer- so my family makes $250 for each race we work handing out water to participants!)

I think there are more, but there is just so much I lose track. We not only can pay for our season, but we can pay for classes, privates, uniforms, travel, etc quite easily with the fundraising.

• Canning (we can make $300 or more a weekend from the split- and we are in week 10 of canning at this point)
  • Football Pool
  • Coach Bingo
  • Beef and Beer
  • 30 Chances to win
  • Staffing road races ($50 per volunteer- so my family makes $250 for each race we work handing out water to participants!)
Could you go into more detail about the ones I copied and pasted? Interested in them, most of these I've never heard of, so it would be new to our area which is always good!

Canning= We approach area business to allow for canning in front of their location- we stand around with "cans" asking people if they would like to support the team and hold out our can (essentially begging ;) ). We can from May through November every weekend. Members of the PBC go out and ask stores for dates and times- and we generally have about 80 slots (2 hours each) on any weekend. We put all the money into one pot (so no one loses out if a location is bad) and divide by the number of shifts worked. So if we collected 4000 between all the worked shifts and 80 shifts were worked you would get $50 per shift. If you work 6 shifts (we do 2 per day- fri, sat and sun) you get $300. Our split is never that low...and we never actually work 6 shifts.
Football Pool= I have never participated so I actually am not sure exactly how it works. I can ask tonight at the gym and get back to you
Beef and Beer= We hosted ours at a bowling alley, but you can have it anywhere. Attendees purchase tickets and have unlimited access to food and beer (which we get donated). We have the chinese auction to beef up earnings. We have items donated by local businesses and sell tickets that they can place in the baskets in front of the item and win. We have a beer wall, a wine wall, a lottery wall, american girl dolls, sports team tickets, bicycles, etc. We get a cut for every ticket we sell and if we volunteer we get a cut of the overall profit. Additionally, if we donated to the beer/wine/lottery wall we get a cut of that profit. We got a few hundred from that alone.
30 Chance to win= This happens in either Spetember or April (months with thirty days). We solicited local businesses for prizes. We got a flat screen tv, a birthday party at an expensive complex, movie ticket gift packs, etc. Each day had a different prize. We sold tickets for $10. All sold tickets were put in the pot. When the winner was pulled their ticket was put back in the pot- so for one fee ($10) they got 30 chances to win. We kept $9 as athletes- the PBC kept a $1 to offset printing costs and the like.
Coach Bingo= Bingo with food served where Coach handbags (also added in some dooney, michael kors and vera bradley) as prizes for each round. Tickets are sold for $35 each. Additional door prize tickets are sold at the event as well as a 50/50, bingo dabbers, etc. We got a cut of all the profit from that in addition to our ticket sales amounts.
Road Races= A triathalon organizer in our area offers this program- they pay you $50 for each volunteer you provide.
Bagging- I forgot to mention- our local grocery store allows us to bag groceries for tips- they announce our presence. WE made about $3000 in 4 hours of work that got divided between participants.

Scripts (we get a percentage from each gift card we buy- so for example I am going to the grocery store and I spend $200- I buy an electronic giftcard at the register on my phone- they scan it and I get 2% back to my account. There are so many stores and such that it all adds up quickly- all of my gas stations are script. I also buy plastic cards to give as gifts)

For the scripts what company do you use?

I think it is great lakes. My son's private school used them and both of the gyms we have been at

Our biggest fundraisers are

Raffle Tickets

Each team or if it's small teams they will pair two together make a basket for raffle

f9e27e4ceeb6714f7785f9349cc9175d.jpg
53d409a8a7c280c19e91d3b8ee30177b.jpg
c39a22bcfe1917e10094ae2e86a29763.jpg
b0e68430322237ae523e2d99acdd58c8.jpg

Make a basket similar to these

Date night/ adult beverage/ grill basket .... And such.

They print up tickets and we sell them for $5 each and your kid gets all proceeds.

They said the raffle that just finished (drawing was today) brought in 40,000$!

We also started doing Sonic Cards this year

This is honestly the best fundraiser. We can do them all year they never end.

Sonic donates us these cards with coupons to sonic.
A lot of buy one get one frees or a something better on them.
The cards sell for $5

All the sonics in the area allow us to stand out there and solicit the cards to sonic customers as they pull in.

There are people who have paid for their whole season off the sonic cards already.

I only went once with Jaylen for 2 hours and went with 2 other kids and they sold $300 in sonic cards so we spilt that and I made $100 in two hours! I need to go do some more fundraising but there are people who go for 2 hours every day and make at least $100-$150.

Back