OT Funniest City Names You've Heard

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Not funny as much as weird but here's a list of some very original towns in Missouri:
Paris, Versailles (except we pronounce it like it's spelled), Mexico, Nevada, Florida, Maryland heights, Albany, Atlanta, Breckenridge, Cuba, Denver, French Village, Louisiana, Miami, Montreal, New Boston, New London, New Madrid, New Florence, Pacific (WE ARE LAND LOCKED), Vienna, Washington

*just learned from google that we have a town called "climax springs", one called "conception", and one called "cooter" I'm done
*also "Devils elbow" and "Half Way"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We also have Licking and Tightwad down in the Ozarks.

And I have a friend who lives in Hicksville, NY! Super funny too because she moved from our small town in Missouri to the east coast so she could escape the hicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are all Maine towns:
BSECrtWorldtravelersign1p032810.jpg

and
BSECrtPresidentssignpostP032810_1.jpg

plus Albany, Belgrade, Sidney, Oakland, Bristol, Brooklin, Corinth, Dixfield, Hermon, Lebanon (pronounced "leb-a-nin"), Leeds, Madawaska, Meddybemps, Monticello, New Canada, Rome, New Sweden, Palmyra, Poland (home of Maine's own Cat Haley), Richmond, Stockholm, Shirley, Scarborough, St. Agatha (pronounced "San-A-gat"), Wayne, Bath, York, and Bangor.

@cheernerd5678 there's a Baileyville, too :)

also, Winnacunnet, NH is a real place.

There's one in England too!

We also have a town called Westward Ho! (the exclamation mark is part of the name!)

And in Wales theres...
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :D
That video of the news person announcing it correctly was great. While I was in Wales I met one person who could pronounce it. Thats it.

We have a place close to me that is called "pups" , which means fart in german
And we have some weird names for train stops, like "Onkel toms hütte" in berlin, which is uncle toms hut

We have a place close to me that is called "pups" , which means fart in german
And we have some weird names for train stops, like "Onkel toms hütte" in berlin, which is uncle toms hut

This is completely off topic but speaking of train stops made me think about my class trip to Germany in 8th grade. We were a small group of students so taking the train was cheaper than renting a bus. We were pretty much bored on the way so at every stop, we went to the corridor outside the compartments to see the big blue sign with the name of the town we were in, to then check to map on the wall and figure out how far along we were.

We had trouble finding one of those towns on the map, until our teacher came by and pointed out that "Ausgang" was probably not the name of the town we were in (Ausgang means exit for those who don't speak German) :oops:

This is completely off topic but speaking of train stops made me think about my class trip to Germany in 8th grade. We were a small group of students so taking the train was cheaper than renting a bus. We were pretty much bored on the way so at every stop, we went to the corridor outside the compartments to see the big blue sign with the name of the town we were in, to then check to map on the wall and figure out how far along we were.

We had trouble finding one of those towns on the map, until our teacher came by and pointed out that "Ausgang" was probably not the name of the town we were in (Ausgang means exit for those who don't speak German) :oops:

My boyfriends sister and her husband were here in october, both from the US , they had a great time with a lot of our signs aswell, a lot of german words look and sound really funny to foreigners and to be fair if you dont know the language, Ausgang may aswell be a stop haha

Thanks to my step dads weird fountain of random fact there is a town in Bosnia call "f**k the money when translated to English.
I live in Wales and I get asked every time I say I live in Wales to try and pronounce it. I can't but have been there nothing there apart from a rock which we had to go and study for geology.
Not funny but the is a town called Llanelli trying to get people to pronounce it without any knowledge of the welsh language is either amusing of annoys the heck out of native welsh speakers

On my trips from NC to NY I drive through Tightsqueeze, Virginia and Intercourse, PA... Those two towns provide laughs for hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back