All-Star Future Of Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm intrigued by the people talking about The Summits becoming larger and more important. Us parents were discussing this at our gym the other night, and because our tryouts for the new season are in April and the Summits are in May, we felt the kids and coaches would mentally move on to the next year and not really care about The Summits. I wonder if The Summits will extend the length of our season and push our tryouts to a later date? Hmmm.

because i have a younger cp (9) and is in her second year of all star, i often think of the future skill wise. we have 4 girls in our gym who have been cheering since they were tiny's and at 8 years old have double fulls. with so many younger kids in this sport, what are we going to see in 3 or 4 years when they are 12 and can be on senior aged teams. or what about when they are 16 or 17?

I'm intrigued by the people talking about The Summits becoming larger and more important. Us parents were discussing this at our gym the other night, and because our tryouts for the new season are in April and the Summits are in May, we felt the kids and coaches would mentally move on to the next year and not really care about The Summits. I wonder if The Summits will extend the length of our season and push our tryouts to a later date? Hmmm.
It would not surprise me if the Summit takes off in the next few years, moves to an earlier date and gives US Finals a huge run for their money. But I think they need to get this yer right in order for that to occur and looks like they are trying really hard for that.

Everyone will quit cheer and start golfing because no one will have any cartilage left in their joints. Or is that just me?
Golfing can also be quite strenuous on the body, especially with no cartilage, because of the twisting and bending so maybe shuffle board instead :)

I HATE STUNT. Everything about it. It's boring. The scoring system is AWFUL. It is created by Varsity to make money and challenge NCATA. It's completely biased in style and is dictated by those that don't like tumbling (I believe cheer should be weighted evenly). I can't believe it's being supported by so many high schools. It is no secret that UCA has a HUGE pull in the high school World. Yes, Varsity is a dominant name in All-Star but there are others that challenge them if for nothing more than to keep them from having %100 control. PLEASE keep STUNT as far away from All-Star and hopefully ALL of cheerleading as possible!

Everyone knows which gyms are the most famous. Like cheer extreme, ace, and cali allstars, they have already started expanding to different states. I think most smaller gyms will go out of business eventually in the future.
I think a lot of smaller gym are going to disappear here. There are just so many in South Florida.

I see true full team whip doubles in the next 15 years. I think progressions will be even faster to higher skills. I see usaf rules becoming more open ended since by at the most 2015 we will have competed every stunt that is possible and legal. I definitely see a major injury in our future. I see the sport becoming even more political. In 2020 there will be less then 150 in the united states total. The sport will become more competitive and expensive. Cheer Athletics will fulfill my dreams and expand their domination with opening gyms on the east. I see CA remaining a constant game changer.

Back