All-Star Gabi Butler...did I Miss Something?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honey after being promised all that I'd leave any gym I was at...

lol...I was just thinking, it would take a very strong minded kid to say no to all that. Honestly, after reading that, I'd probably be a Bitter Betty too. Those kids were bought and paid for.

I think it's great that she's passionate. I don't know much about her, but if there is one thing I've gathered from watching her videos, it's that she is very dedicated to her sport. Unlike some other 'cheerlebrities', I truly think she is a positive role model.

So, kudos to her for pursuing her goals. But, you have to understand, in order to be a top caliber, World Champion cheerleader you don't have to move across the country.

Generally speaking, if you want to be a successful actor or singer you need to live in either Los Angeles or New York. That is why so many aspiring actors do relocate. This is not the case with cheer. Yes, some regions are more advantageous than others when it comes to quality gyms. But, c'mon, the girl lives in freaking Georgia, not Boofoo Land, Wyoming.

Don't get me wrong, California Allstars is incredible. But, so are Stingrays, Georgia, ACE, Top Gun, Brandon...you get the idea.
Maybe just recently the accommodations became available. I guess I should have worded my previous comment differently, I didn't mean for it to sound like to be the best you have to move to California, when I said she's trying to pursue her life goals I was referring to her blog post about tumbling with Kiara. You're right, you don't have to move to be a World Champion cheerleader but maybe she just wanted to. I mean, I'd move to California in a heartbeat just to live there if I didn't have to sleep in my car and dumpster dive for the first few months. :confused:

I'm just wondering, how many of yall didn't know about this already? I knew early in the summer that Trinity was doing this. I honestly didn't think it was this big of a secret. I only knew that they were paying for athletes tuition and were recruiting big name people so they could have a competitive level 5, I didn't know about housing and such.

Is the need for a competitive worlds team that strong for you to go to extreme and downright shady measures to be competitive? If this is what the sport has come down to then I think some serious re-evaluations need to be done in some people's minds.

As for Gabi, she really is a nice girl and I know for a fact she had legit reasons for leaving TG that I respect. The chances of Trinity paying for her tuition and stuff are pretty high, but more power to her for following her dreams and cheering for Cali. My parents sure as heck wouldn't let me move across country for a sport that gives me nothing in return but bragging rights for winning its most prestigious competition, but it's their choice. I'm pretty sure she's home schooled so it's not like she's moving her life. I hope she gets the best experience from it.

Doesn't matter either way. Trinity wasn't going to compete until Battle Under the Big Top in December, so no release is needed. Haven't seen an update on wether they're still going to be there but I'm guessing not.
They had pulled out of Battle even before this whole Gabi thing. (well ... maybe they already knew, but we all didn't)

They had pulled out of Battle even before this whole Gabi thing. (well ... maybe they already knew, but we all didn't)
Wonder why they pulled out of Battle. That's the first bid comp in the area right? Every level 5 team that's in that area is usually in attendance.

Back