All-Star Gabi Butler...did I Miss Something?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can someone explain to me how this isn't a gym hopping situation? More power to her, I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but let's call a spade a spade. It's like gym hopping on steroids.
Also, how does this work with the whole gym release stuff that's been going on? Is that not in effect?

Pretty sure she had not competed with Trinity yet so there is no release needed...

Can someone explain to me how this isn't a gym hopping situation? More power to her, I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same thing, but let's call a spade a spade. It's like gym hopping on steroids.
Also, how does this work with the whole gym release stuff that's been going on? Is that not in effect?
I believe the gym release issue only applies to worlds teams FOR worlds, and only after they've competed. Trinity hasn't competed yet that I'm aware so I don't think the release thing actually applies in this case....as I understand it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I believe no release is needed if it is to a different division i.e. medium coed to small coed etc.

Doesn't matter either way. Trinity wasn't going to compete until Battle Under the Big Top in December, so no release is needed. Haven't seen an update on wether they're still going to be there but I'm guessing not.

This is what the rule is:

UPDATED: All athletes participating on a team at The 2013 Worlds must be a registered member of that team’s gym
during the 2012 – 2013 competition season. Any athlete that has competed on the floor with a team in any level from a
gym (Primary Gym), during the Worlds competition season (November 1, 2012 – May 1, 2013), will have to have a USASF
Gym Release Waiver signed by the owner of that gym (Primary Gym) before that athlete is eligible to compete with
another gym (Secondary Gym) at The 2013 Cheerleading Worlds. The USASF Gym Release Waiver is located on the
USASF.NET website

Some kids leave their families and move across the country to try to be a singer or actor. She's trying to peruse her life goals too. Maybe it's "just cheer" to a lot of people but it's her passion.

I don't think anyone is questioning her passion, rather her, or her family's, ethics. Sure kids move across the country for cheer, just not twice in 6 months.
Furthermore, isn't the timing interesting with her last gym being investigated for recruiting?

Some kids leave their families and move across the country to try to be a singer or actor. She's trying to peruse her life goals too. Maybe it's "just cheer" to a lot of people but it's her passion.

I think it's great that she's passionate. I don't know much about her, but if there is one thing I've gathered from watching her videos, it's that she is very dedicated to her sport. Unlike some other 'cheerlebrities', I truly think she is a positive role model.

So, kudos to her for pursuing her goals. But, you have to understand, in order to be a top caliber, World Champion cheerleader you don't have to move across the country.

Generally speaking, if you want to be a successful actor or singer you need to live in either Los Angeles or New York. That is why so many aspiring actors do relocate. This is not the case with cheer. Yes, some regions are more advantageous than others when it comes to quality gyms. But, c'mon, the girl lives in freaking Georgia, not Boofoo Land, Wyoming.

Don't get me wrong, California Allstars is incredible. But, so are Stingrays, Georgia, ACE, Top Gun, Brandon...you get the idea.

i was not specifically accusing you at all, i was just quoting your post because i wanted to continue off of what you had said, sorry for the confusion, did not mean to step on your toes :) i'll specify that next time i post, thank you for not jumping down my throat! :D

Sorry for the post then! Thanks for the clarification :)

Back