All-Star Gabi Butler...did I Miss Something?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't say too much she might sue you. (Eye roll smiley. I'm on my phone so I can't post it but just imagine it lol)

(Totally off topic but if you type : rolleyes : but without the spaces it'll put that face right in for you. Same with : eek : if you ever need that one. Sometimes even on my phone I just gotta have access to this guy :eek:)

Ok now I'm gonna read those links...

(Totally off topic but if you type : rolleyes : but without the spaces it'll put that face right in for you. Same with : eek : if you ever need that one. Sometimes even on my phone I just gotta have access to this guy :eek:)

Ok now I'm gonna read those links...
:eek: how I didn't know that is baffling but yay! Thank you!

My jaw hit the floor. What ever happened to acting like adults?
I honestly don't see how any parent at that gym could read that and still choose to stay. The part about not being good enough or rich enough to get/give "his" scholarships would be the deal breaker for me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the money was not coming from him.

I also wonder how all the parents having to actually pay their fees and costs will feel, since they obviously didn't have children good enough or famous enough to warrant a free ride. That should be a fun team meeting to sit in on.

If this was college level athletics, I would say it's okay. However, this sport is predominantly for kids under 18, with no direct transition into college sports. Recruiting kids who are under 18 is unethical because you are bribing a CHILD. It just doesn't/shouldn't sit well.

Aren't they actually "bribing" the childs parents? Not the child. At the end of the day a final decision in these matters should lie with the parent.

This kind of stuff is sooo common in my neck of the universe, professionally. Trainers ( coaches) will do anything to get those top under 18s in their programs because of the obvious.. It's the easy way to make yourself a winner.

My mother lives In north GA and I grew up there. We talk sometimes about the possibility of moving back and where wed live. This thread has taught me that if I were to go to a big gym, the only door I'd knock on would be Stingrays. Honestly, I have no idea about the integrity and quality of coaching at Trinity and GA, and I am sure it's great because of coaches records. Unfortunately for those programs though, as a parent of a 7yo, I will not knowingly expose my child to that kind of drama, and for now I will stick with the one that stays out of the (bad) press.

I honestly don't see how any parent at that gym could read that and still choose to stay. The part about not being good enough or rich enough to get/give "his" scholarships would be the deal breaker for me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the money was not coming from him.

I also wonder how all the parents having to actually pay their fees and costs will feel, since they obviously didn't have children good enough or famous enough to warrant a free ride. That should be a fun team meeting to sit in on.

Amen!!!

Don't say too much she might sue you. (Eye roll smiley. I'm on my phone so I can't post it but just imagine it lol)

"... hope you have a nice suit to wear to court." Oh my gosh. My jaw hit the floor.

Told you I'd need this guy. :eek: What in the world did I just read??? First of all...I'm so buying a plane ticket to go to that court date. I'm so confused. What unfounded accusations? He just admitted they were true right there. Were there other accusations that I missed? "Posting my name publicly"? Harassing and threatening their career? I'm trying to find a way to put all the words I need into a sentence to describe this unprofessional, childish, over-dramatic, ridiculous, did-I-mention-unprofessional foolery. I was all set to come on here and post that I agreed with the people saying it's not cool for Gabi to leave mid-season like this, but after reading that I might help her pack.

A Public Response from Just-a-Mom:
Dear Gianni,
cheerUPDATES and Cheerleading_A couldn't make you look worse in 6 months of tweeting than that letter just did. Can you sue yourself? Because if anyone is doing damage to your career and your rep right now it's you.

Aren't they actually "bribing" the childs parents? Not the child. At the end of the day a final decision in these matters should lie with the parent.

I still count it as bribing the child too, just because it says right in the letter (which is addressed to the child) that they'll be famous, get to be on tv, get a clothing line or whatever, etc. But yes, the parents would make the final decision so they're definitely bribing them too.

OK peeps. I have procrastinated long enough. I have to go do some actual work so I can go to bed before tomorrow. Thanks for this though - very entertaining!

Oh. Forgot to reply to this too. You are sooooooo dead on with this. If I was a parent at that gym and I was paying for my child to go there and I saw all this...I would go in there and light someone up...right before we quit. Yep, mid season. How insulting and disrespectful to all the athletes that go there and are just "regular" kids. :(

Oh. Forgot to reply to this too. You are sooooooo dead on with this. If I was a parent at that gym and I was paying for my child to go there and I saw all this...I would go in there and light someone up...right before we quit. Yep, mid season. How insulting and disrespectful to all the athletes that go there and are just "regular" kids. :(

Can you imagine going to this gym because its nearby or whatever and this is your first experience with all star cheer?!!? :eek: There are probably quite a few parents and kids that had no idea what they were walking into when they tried out there. I feel badly for all of those people!!!

GIANNI IS A MAN. Can we stop calling him a girl? haha

Aw, he called cheerUPDATES "girl" so I thought it was a mutual feeling...:oops: JK I knew he was a man.

ETA:
Can you imagine going to this gym because its nearby or whatever and this is your first experience with all star cheer?!!? :eek: There are probably quite a few parents and kids that had no idea what they were walking into when they tried out there. I feel badly for all of those people!!!

I swear we're just going to run out of these ----->:eek: before this is over.

Back