East Coast Flames
South Florida Allstars
Boca Xtreme
IDOL
Broward Elite
Cheer Factory
Step Ahead
Miami Elite

These are all in the tri-county area (Palm Beach, Broward and Dade) I know there are more that I'm not thinking of right now.
Maybe she means she's gonna be revamping the South Florida program. That could be more logical than opening a new program all together.

I appreciate the spirit and wish her well, I just don't see this lasting for more than a year. It's one team of 24 people. Is she coaching this herself? How does she decide if (heaven forbid) her own stunt isn't working and needs to be modified? It's a supreme conflict of interest to create a team for you to be on and be responsible for running it at the same time. I want her to succeed because I don't like to see people fail, it just seems SO unlikely.

I'm guessing: she wants to be near family. She doesn't want to cheer at any gym that in the area, so she thinks it's more viable to 'make' a successful one. IOC5 is the HARDEST division to make successful. Is there even enough draw in the area? It's July, most teams have had tryouts by now.

:eek: Mother's Plead!!!

As a Mother, I am really frightened for these young ladies, Gabi and Angel making such long term aspiration on a sport that they been doing since 5 or 6 or very young... Why not ladies have some fun, go to college, live on campus and stop rushing to be an Adult?... Believe me, childhood is for a brief time and you are going to be an Adult a lot longer, take advantage of your free time as a child and adolescent and an opportunity to be irresponsible and not be on anybody's time clock, how I wish I can go back to the carefree years of no IRS, bills, harassing bill collectors, etc...Why do I need to be an adult today, oh, that's right, I am an Adult! But guess what? You are not, at least not yet!

PS: Why not try different things before saddling and settling yourself with huge responsibilities and if other Adults are around you trying to push you into joining their gang, JUST SAY NO!...

I am so angry. When AR announced her gym opening I sort of brushed it off but this has me heated. Here I am, a sport management/business student busting my booty because I want to run a successful business (cheerleading gym) one day. I am spending so much time on classes and I am going to start coaching soon to get experience. Not only that, I will have to have a "real person" job for years before I make enough money to invest into a gym. And this 17 year old girl just opens it as she pleases? Not to mention people will go there because of the name. I just feel as if it undermines people who built their gyms up from the bottom. So many programs started small and took many years to become successful. Sorry just felt the need to rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't sweat it too much. An IOC5 team does not a gym make and certainly doesn't pay the bills or keep the doors open. You're going to do it the right way and she's going to get maybe a few years out of it while bleeding money the whole time.

Good luck to her. Hopefully her name can get people in the door.

I appreciate the spirit and wish her well, I just don't see this lasting for more than a year. It's one team of 24 people. Is she coaching this herself? How does she decide if (heaven forbid) her own stunt isn't working and needs to be modified? It's a supreme conflict of interest to create a team for you to be on and be responsible for running it at the same time. I want her to succeed because I don't like to see people fail, it just seems SO unlikely.

I'm guessing: she wants to be near family. She doesn't want to cheer at any gym that in the area, so she thinks it's more viable to 'make' a successful one. IOC5 is the HARDEST division to make successful. Is there even enough draw in the area? It's July, most teams have had tryouts by now.

Eh, it's not uncommon for open teams to get started later in the summer or early in the fall.

Gabi has connections. She will bring in experienced leaders and coaches.

Oh, there's been lots of involvement from both parents, I'm sure.

There has to be. No matter how many world rings she's won and clinics she's held, a 17 year old does not have enough life or cheer experience to own and operate a gym. No matter how cheer famous you are, it doesn't mean you have the skills and knowledge to successfully run a business like that.

Also, I doubt anyone is going to let a 17 year old sign a lease to have a place for a gym, take out an insurance policy for the athletes, or do any of the things you need to do before you even officially open the gym. I may be wrong but she can't be doing this herself. Mom and dad HAVE to be apart of this.

At 23, I don't want to be saddled with my student loans and the stresses of providing for myself. But that is somewhat unavoidable. I understand that she probably has the notoriety and extra finances that would make this "easier" for her than for others wanting to do the same but I hardly think a 17 year old is financially, intellectually, practically, and every other -ally ready to take on a gym. I just get a "naive" vibe or a "Mom and dad (or actual adult) are running it but it has my name on it" vibe from this.

If she wants to use her money to do something cheer related for her future, I really suggest she goes to college, gets a degree, and asks a gym owner she looks up to to mentor her through her years of studying to get a solid foundation in the industry.

Gabi has connections. She will bring in experienced leaders and coaches.

She does have connections, but would experience move to start a new gym without guaranteed money? Perhaps there is an angel investor? (not a play on Angel, mind you). If there is a business person that is willing to drop 500k to properly get a building, equipment, setup, and start rolling this has a much high chance of success.

Plenty of investment people (who don't know jack about cheer) see the amount of kids and how much money there is and WHO is making the money (business people done have a high regard for most cheer people) and they 'they could do it too'. But it is an odd quirky culture that succeeds, sometimes despite itself. And normal business practices alone a successful business does not make.

My guess is it will be documented on a reality youtube show. With time the answers to all of these questions will be revealed.

Thinking about this it might be someone else 'opening' and running the gym and she is just the name on the front?

Back