All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd be shocked if they are able to form not only an international team but a level 5 as well in the first year...... It is very ambitious, but I hope it's not just thrown together for the sake of desperately making any level 5 division.

I would think most senior level 5 athletes are already committed to a team.

If she is having a meeting and asking for interested people to email her now, she's probably referring to this season.

She probably wouldn't have people contact her if they wouldn't be able to start until the 2016-2017 season.

@coach12 That is how I read it the first time, but I can't go back and try to reread that font.
yes, just read it again. their first location is having teams in all levels this s
Here I was ready to post a 'Good luck to her' and then you had to post this...

I know gyms do this; hell, even the gym CP is at might do this, but I just don't wanna know this.
wasn't trying to start the bashing - just really interested in how they manage it.

yes, just read it again. their first location is having teams in all levels this s

wasn't trying to start the bashing - just really interested in how they manage it.

My guess is, it's being considered an investment into the gym. Let's be honest---her family isn't poor and Gabi has likely been putting a lot of the money she's been making away for later things. My guess is it's coming from all of that above.

However, I still stand by my opinion that it's tacky to advertise it like that. Especially this late into the season when plenty of LVL 5 kids have already gone through choreo with their teams and now might be tempted away with the promise of a tuition-free year.

My guess is, it's being considered an investment into the gym. Let's be honest---her family isn't poor and Gabi has likely been putting a lot of the money she's been making away for later things. My guess is it's coming from all of that above.

However, I still stand by my opinion that it's tacky to advertise it like that. Especially this late into the season when plenty of LVL 5 kids have already gone through choreo with their teams and now might be tempted away with the promise of a tuition-free year.
100% agree with you on that.

From what I have heard it is not just tuition free. Certain athletes have been offered a paycheck to be there. Whether true in this particular case or not, it is something USASF needs to keep their eye on. Athletes leaving to go to a winning gym across the country is one thing but athletes getting paid to be on a team changes the scope of our sport/activity.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

i could see this affecting a lot of the smaller gyms in the state of florida. i tried looking through the wiki and i saw a good few small gyms that have level 5 teams. I cant see it affecting brandon or top gun though.
I have to wonder if she is taking a page out of cali's book, if she has a sense that she wont be getting interest from the two biggest gyms in florida, (cause lets be honest if i cheered at TG or brandon i wouldnt be going anywhere) she might as well try and see if she can gain interest somewhere else.

Back