All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im iffy when it comes to this situation... GB is still clearly close with probably eddy and orby and im sure along with a few remaining smoed athletes. After she ended the whole lionheart thing, she probably reached out to them inquiring about any open spots on a cali team and it happened to be aces. Gabi was nothing but kind and gracious during her time at cali so im sure they were happy to help her come back, etc.
however if the rumors are true that is was a basing spot on aces and not a flyer position it would be odd to take her on, unless they plan on pulling someone out of the air for her to fill in. Which i could see why would make people not very happy, cause i do find that extremely unfair.
i get cheerleading is life for her, but you choose to take on the creating your own team thing, and unfortunately it didnt end the way you wanted, it would have made for a good life lesson. If anything i feel bad for the athletes who travelled all over for this team and are now left with nothing, all while watching their coach/leader up and leave for another worlds team.
im curious to know if any of the athletes left world winning/attending programs for lionheart.

im iffy when it comes to this situation... GB is still clearly close with probably eddy and orby and im sure along with a few remaining smoed athletes. After she ended the whole lionheart thing, she probably reached out to them inquiring about any open spots on a cali team and it happened to be aces. Gabi was nothing but kind and gracious during her time at cali so im sure they were happy to help her come back, etc.
however if the rumors are true that is was a basing spot on aces and not a flyer position it would be odd to take her on, unless they plan on pulling someone out of the air for her to fill in. Which i could see why would make people not very happy, cause i do find that extremely unfair.
i get cheerleading is life for her, but you choose to take on the creating your own team thing, and unfortunately it didnt end the way you wanted, it would have made for a good life lesson. If anything i feel bad for the athletes who travelled all over for this team and are now left with nothing, all while watching their coach/leader up and leave for another worlds team.
im curious to know if any of the athletes left world winning/attending programs for lionheart.
I don't know I see it both ways. If you have a flyer who is dropping out of her stunts more often then not and a former Cali program athlete, who happens to be one of the best flyers in the country, calls you're probably going to bring her in. Is it fair that the other kid isn't doing her job or pulling her weight. All hypothetical of course because I know zero facts about what is taking place.

Who knows maybe it's a fetus flyer and Gabi will be basing. If it's the girl in the picture I think Gabi could definitely fill a basing role.

To me she had a shot and her team didn't make it. Okay, then wait for next season. Sometimes in life you lose. That's life.

For example, the basketball team I'm a fan of had a rocky year and barely made the ncaa tourney. They had some seniors that in previous years were actually better than what they were this year. Had they not made the tourney they would've been game over and they would graciously accept that. It's like she can't take a moment to self reflect and think okay maybe just sitting out is the most responsible respectful thing? Nope, its give me give me give me. Sorry but it's totally entitlement and it's annoying.

I don't know I see it both ways. If you have a flyer who is dropping out of her stunts more often then not and a former Cali program athlete, who happens to be one of the best flyers in the country, calls you're probably going to bring her in. Is it fair that the other kid isn't doing her job or pulling her weight. All hypothetical of course because I know zero facts about what is taking place.

Who knows maybe it's a fetus flyer and Gabi will be basing. If it's the girl in the picture I think Gabi could definitely fill a basing role.
But why would they risk bringing in someone who has never consistantly based, wouldnt that be a bigger risk.
My more harsh opinion is that she is desperate to go to worlds and clearly willing to do anything to still go. Granted if they called her and asked if she was willing to fill the spot then great, but if they pulled someone for the sake of letting her on the team, id definitely be side eyeing that motive.

To me she had a shot and her team didn't make it. Okay, then wait for next season. Sometimes in life you lose. That's life.

For example, the basketball team I'm a fan of had a rocky year and barely made the ncaa tourney. They had some seniors that in previous years were actually better than what they were this year. Had they not made the tourney they would've been game over and they would graciously accept that. It's like she can't take a moment to self reflect and think okay maybe just sitting out is the most responsible respectful thing? Nope, its give me give me give me. Sorry but it's totally entitlement and it's annoying.

I know nothing about the situation except what I've read here, but I'm not sure why sitting out Worlds is the responsible respectful thing to do? If Aces or any team needed her to fill in why shouldn't she? Now if she's taking the spot of someone that has been with the team all season for no other reason than she is Gabi Butler, then it would be pretty crummy, but if an athlete is injured or unable to go for other reasons I don't see a problem.

I know nothing about the situation except what I've read here, but I'm not sure why sitting out Worlds is the responsible respectful thing to do? If Aces or any team needed her to fill in why shouldn't she? Now if she's taking the spot of someone that has been with the team all season for no other reason than she is Gabi Butler, then it would be pretty crummy, but if an athlete is injured or unable to go for other reasons I don't see a problem.
To me you rise and fall as a team. Your team didn't make it so you sit out a year. But because your a cheerleb you get to still go to worlds. You created a team and it failed. Just seems like she is reaping the benefit of another teams work all year lonng when her team didn't work out. Sorry but if you didn't do the work then you don't get to go.

In these sorts of situations, I ask myself if people would expect random Suzy cheerleader to sit out a season because her IO Team disbanded.

To me you rise and fall as a team. Your team didn't make it so you sit out a year. But because your a cheerleb you get to still go to worlds. You created a team and it failed. Just seems like she is reaping the benefit of another teams work all year lonng when her team didn't work out. Sorry but if you didn't do the work then you don't get to go.
Except it seems that cheer doesn't work that way. There have been fill in at Worlds before haven't there? Should teams not be allowed to replace athletes if they need too? If she was just a no name athlete filling in for a World's team would anyone know or care?

@Doctorcheer, I wholeheartedly agree with every word you post about this situation...
I guess I am too 'Old School',,, but my thoughts are as a Captain and leader of a team, if the team falls, you should be the first to fall with your team....

Tbh, This is ludicrous, Gabi starts a team and these athletes sacrifice their time, tears and sweat, but they lose everything (no Worlds or life preserver) and the team's captain joins another team at the end of the same season, so Gabi grabs for a life preserve jacket instead... Huh?! Imo, this speaks volumes about a person's character..

New Precedence in the making:
So Cheerleading has become about ME or I, and forget about the small team, who could not give ME, my glory and/or spotlight!!!!

et: delete Simone Biles analogy
eta: Why is it okay for Gabi Butler to be a "gymhopper" but everybody screams about this LOYALTY, BS when we little "peasants" think about doing the same thing...Double Standards!

Last edited:
Yes. Even more so Gabi the creator of the team. I'm good with not allowing fill ins after say jan 1st. Unless it's from the same gym. No waivers to get to switching gyms
Yasss! USASF needs to put a cut off date for adding new members to a team... I thought these teams already have alternates or athletes on standby, whom practice allll season waiting for their moment to shine...Nope, even these loyal athletes are cheated too. What do the coaches say to these loyal athletes and parents, hmm, I wonder..,

Last edited:
If a healthy flyer who has been hitting her stunts all year is taken out of the air for her, that's kind of shady. But didn't she take an existing flyers spot when she first came to smoed?

@Doctorcheer, I wholeheartedly agree with every word you post about this situation...
I guess I am too 'Old School',,, but my thoughts are as a Captain and leader of a team, if the team falls, you should be the first to fall with your team....

Tbh, This is ludicrous, Gabi starts a team and these athletes sacrifice their time, tears and sweat, but they lose everything (no Worlds or life preserver) and the team's captain joins another team at the end of the same season, so Gabi grabs for a life preserve jacket instead... Huh?! Imo, this speaks volumes about a person's character..

New Precedence in the making:
So Cheerleading has become about ME or I, and forget about the small team, who could not give ME, my glory and/or spotlight!!!!

et: delete Simone Biles analogy
eta: Why is it okay for Gabi Butler to be a "gymhopper" but everybody screams about this LOYALTY, BS when we little "peasants" think about doing the same thing...Double Standards!

this hits the nail on the head for me. Its like well i couldnt make my own team get it together to go to worlds to have my moment, so im just gonna end this whole journey and go to worlds with someone else.

i dont think GB comes off as a fame chasing person at all to be perfectly honest, but she knows she has a following and she knows that if they did end up getting a bid to worlds, it would have been all about her. She is still a teen and almost all teens have that sense of "i need attention, give me attention".

she's going to get massive attention suddenly being on aces, and we all know it will be all about seeing GB and what she does on aces come worlds.

i can understand where people say this is a competitive sport and it isnt about loyalty, and blah, blah, blah. But when your bouncing from team to team/ gym to gym every other season, i cant see a whole lot of people not questioning it.

although i cant see this as a ring chasing move, considering she already has a few. And if it were her senior year i could understand the move/opportunity to be on Aces completely.

Back