All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She was just saying there will always be younger, newer, more "fierce" talent popping up. The moments of fame they're seeing now most likely won't last forever. She doesn't actually have a list of her favorite instagram accounts ran by Suzies moms lol

Who are the upcoming young cheerlebrities?
No I don't have a list lol but if you think of actors, actress, singers, dancers etc. there is always someone coming up to take your spot

Why is the emphasis on completing a college degree before starting a gym? I would definitely say that experience goes over college. Sure a sport psychology, accounting and a marketing class might be in handy but I don't believe anyone needs a bachelor to be succesful. Yet, like I said, a few years coaching and working might be of great use.

I do have to applaud the effort and I hope it's successful. I wish I had that drive when I was 17! :)

But she has experience in the sport, not in starting a gym or in running a business so that "experience over college" doesn't really apply here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to working at a job/coaching not being involved as an athlete. I just tried to make another point since many brought up the "no college degree" :) She may be too young, but I don't feel that 4 years of school is the only way :)

I was referring to working at a job/coaching not being involved as an athlete. I just tried to make another point since many brought up the "no college degree" :) She may be too young, but I don't feel that 4 years of school is the only way :)

You're right, it's not the only way. And not everyone has to/will go to college. But it will only help her in this endeavor. It will give her great perspective on how a business, not just a cheer business, works. While it's true you can build yourself on solely experience, having the education and that foundation will make you stronger and better and possibly get you to where you want to be faster since you can make more informed business decisions. And you'll have a background knowledge to apply while getting that experience.

A 4 year degree is becoming the new high school diploma and if, for some reason, she decides she doesn't want to do the cheer thing anymore or it fails, that college degree would give her something to fall back on. Even though the price of education is ridiculous and outrageous, it's still the best investment you could ever make in yourself.

Why is the emphasis on completing a college degree before starting a gym? I would definitely say that experience goes over college. Sure a sport psychology, accounting and a marketing class might be in handy but I don't believe anyone needs a bachelor to be succesful. Yet, like I said, a few years coaching and working might be of great use.

I do have to applaud the effort and I hope it's successful. I wish I had that drive when I was 17! :)
I agree. Taking some classes in business, accounting and marketing can definitely help, but the best education is having to actually work as an apprentice.

I kind of disagree on the college education. Yes, for some it's great. However, I know so many people that spend a ton of money on school and it's a waste. Rather than spending that money of college she may be using it for the gym instead. Many people pay tens of thousands for a piece of paper that just says you were dedicated/committed to something.. Maybe it's just here in Vegas where job experience goes a long way and will trump education in many cases.

You're right, it's not the only way. And not everyone has to/will go to college. But it will only help her in this endeavor. It will give her great perspective on how a business, not just a cheer business, works. While it's true you can build yourself on solely experience, having the education and that foundation will make you stronger and better and possibly get you to where you want to be faster since you can make more informed business decisions. And you'll have a background knowledge to apply while getting that experience.

A 4 year degree is becoming the new high school diploma and if, for some reason, she decides she doesn't want to do the cheer thing anymore or it fails, that college degree would give her something to fall back on. Even though the price of education is ridiculous and outrageous, it's still the best investment you could ever make in yourself.

Shimmy x100....I really hope this is her dream and not her parents'.

As someone going to school for business, I really do think you need it. Sure you can figure some stuff out on your own but to really understand what is needed, classes are necessary. So much more goes into it than an intro accounting course, marketing, and psychology. Even just going to a community college for a business admin associates degree would be extremely beneficial before going starting a business. But that's just my opinion and I understand why someone's may differ.

I've been playing piano for 18 years and have done competitions, concerts and exams. I've taught family and friends some drills and songs. But that doesn't mean I could just open a piano-teaching business. I'd need at least a few classes in music education, experience in music teaching, accreditation to teach children, or probably even a degree in music. Experience and training would be vital.
Why is cheer coaching/gym owning any different?

I don't mean to sound harsh, or to criticize GB or AR. I really hope they're successful and prove me wrong...

Last edited:
Probably the exception to the rule, but know someone who owns a small, but successful piano, other instrument, and voice lesson studio. She is very gifted at teaching others. She started by giving private lessons to friends and their children. It grew by word of mouth. She never went to college or a special school.

Back