All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally am certified AND have FULL insurance covered by my company FieRSe Enterprises LLC. Most people just assume things and GOSSIP on websites like this without actually looking into logistics of the situation. I personally feel that we should be recognized & APPRETIATED that were traveling WORLDWIDE growing our sport AND inspiring kids to get involved with the sport that we all love. I've cheer at a few very successful gyms with different coaching styles at each gym. Why can't you guys just be happy for our success instead of hating? The fact that we have an opportunity to show foreign countries and small gyms how successful gyms run things is an act of GROWING the sport as a whole. It's absolutely ridiculous what this industry has turned to. It's losing the respect as a sport because we treat it like an ENTERTAINMENT industry. Get a grip people! Let's stop this non sense!

No one here is trying to downplay your, or anyone of these kids successes, hard work, abilities, etc. We all acknowledge that what JP said was uncalled for. But again, his argument of credibility and insurance is important. If we argue that coaches should be held to a certain standard and should be expected to have their credentials, then we should hold everyone else who comes in to gyms to teach anything in the same standards whether it's choreographers or cheerlebrities who want to hold clinics.

I do have a couple questions for you, since you seem to be willing to respond to us here: Is there a place online where parents can view what your credentials are? Or anything about how you're insured? Do you know what cheerlebrity camps have kids who have their credentials in order and in what levels? Or do you know how we can go about finding these things out so we aren't simply speculating on this?

Question for anyone who knows: is there a searchable database or something that anyone can use to search and see who in the industry has their credentials and who doesn't?

Wait, which Pope are we talking about here?

309571a98d54cdb35f2f6c15e119cb55.jpg

Or

f4a6510c842ed0b1c5f57c8b622a3a77.jpg

OMG, good one! Notice I down capped the word "pope" so... but I also put "the" in front so it could be either one! LOL!

I didn't mean to call anyone out or make anyone feel bad for not knowing who Jamie Parrish is! I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just have tons of friends that cheered for him and were choreographed by him. He's good friends with my gym owner and went to my college, so I guess he was just very involved in my cheer career even though I was never actually coached by him, haha

And the though of these social media cheerleb armies going to war for their favorite cheerleb proclaiming "WHO EVEN IS JP ANYWAY" made me realize just how much cheer has changed.

:georgia::georgia::georgia: is all I have to say about that :p

This! I saw this on Twitter yesterday and some of the responses younger kids who love the "cheerlebs" we're giving to JP I was like :oops::oops::oops:.... Yes the whole situation could have been handled much better, but it seriously makes me feel old/aged at the ripe age of 23 with people not realizing who JP was/is in the cheer/choreography world

That actually is part of the root of all this. Celebrity status is fleeting off what you have done. It doesn't last forever. You have a year, maybe two, from when something last high profile was done. As well, cheerlebrity does NOT pay well compared to the stress of having to be 'famous'. So these athletes are trying to find ways to make a living off this increased social status, strike while the iron is hot.

There is a great article I read on Logan from Vine trying to do the same thing. He moved to Hollywood to try and be a real actor. He's not very good and its not going very well.

I didn't mean to call anyone out or make anyone feel bad for not knowing who Jamie Parrish is! I'm sorry if it came out that way. I just have tons of friends that cheered for him and were choreographed by him. He's good friends with my gym owner and went to my college, so I guess he was just very involved in my cheer career even though I was never actually coached by him, haha

And the though of these social media cheerleb armies going to war for their favorite cheerleb proclaiming "WHO EVEN IS JP ANYWAY" made me realize just how much cheer has changed.

No offense taken. I was just giving you a hard time. But I'm way out here on the west coast and it sounds like he's more middle/eastern US based? Actually, in all honesty, I had heard his name before but if someone asked me what specifically he did, I couldn't tell you!

xoxo

I've seen both Michael Eddie and Robert help coach at our gym (Ventura). While I never paid too close of attention, from what I did see, they knew what they were doing. I would trust either one with helping my cp get, say, her tuck. But since ME is OMG WAY TOO CUTE, MOM! to do a private with my daughter, we never did a private with him.

As a parent, I just want qualified and certified coaches. We've never been to a cheer clinic so I have zero input on that but again, if things are run safely (and, yes, I would stay and watch!) then great. If it's not, I would pull my daughter without hesitation.

No offense taken. I was just giving you a hard time. But I'm way out here on the west coast and it sounds like he's more middle/eastern US based? Actually, in all honesty, I had heard his name before but if someone asked me what specifically he did, I couldn't tell you!

xoxo

I'm not sure when you came into the cheer world but if you weren't around for all the drama and happenings that surrounded JP and Georgia Allstars then there's no reason for you to know who he was. He's been pretty quiet lately but that was not always the case lol. That's as nicely as I can put it.

:shimmy:

If he has ever taught my kid I'd know who he was, but he's never been mentioned in a thread here and I don't follow cheer on like twitter or Instagram so yeah...that's my excuse.

Yes to this times ten thousand.

Also, very true.

Okay, now that it's been explained I understand the lead-up to the comment and how it was formed. I've never let CP go to a cheerleb clinic before so it hasn't really been an issue for us, so I guess I don't really have an opinion on it.

See above, I don't care nor have much of an opinion on your clinics and what have you, but I would consider very carefully how you word things. In one sentence, you completely obliterated the hard work and dedication of gyms across the country; I get that you're upset and on the defense, but just because a gym is 'small' does not mean they need to be shown how the bigger gyms do things---it doesn't mean they're not capable of the same amount of success, when the Summit has proven that you don't need to have a World's team or even a World's trophy to be successful, and frankly, not every owner is aiming at mega-gym status.

What you're fighting over, I don't really care about---but your words are going to be read, and read not just by the parents who pay you for your service, but also by the athletes who idolize you. Don't trash their programs in your quest to 'stop the hate,' I can assure you, you can start a forest fire with those type of words.
I think you misread or misunderstood my post. I have cheered at some amazing gyms. Sharing the wisdom from what I have learned from amazing coaches is my passion. Coaches like Mike Blaylock from Fame, Eddie and Orby form Cali, Misty from GymTyme, the amazing Debbie Love and more. All incredible coaches and incredible programs. I will use the things I learned from them my whole life. Not just cheer related but life related as well. I love all gyms and didn't trash on any gym in my post. I'm not sure which sentence you are talking about. I have nothing but the upmost respect for all of the gyms I have cheered at and all gyms who work hard to put the kids first.

I think you misread or misunderstood my post. I have cheered at some amazing gyms. Sharing the wisdom from what I have learned from amazing coaches is my passion. Coaches like Mike Blaylock from Fame, Eddie and Orby form Cali, Misty from GymTyme, the amazing Debbie Love and more. All incredible coaches and incredible programs. I will use the things I learned from them my whole life. Not just cheer related but life related as well. I love all gyms and didn't trash on any gym in my post. I'm not sure which sentence you are talking about. I have nothing but the upmost respect for all of the gyms I have cheered at and all gyms who work hard to put the kids first.

I bolded the specific part I took issue with; you can see it when I originally quoted you if you expand the message. And I have no doubt you meant what you think you said, I also have no doubt that it can be, and will be, mis-interpreted by some.

They are not running the clinics by themselves. For example Angel's Mom is an amazing Coach. She is credentialed. She attends and helps with the clinics. I recently attended a non cheeerlebrity clinic and was extremely disappointed. It was a big waste of money, time, drive there, etc. Now, I can't even get the owner to respond to my e mails or calls. Just because it is non cheerlebrity does not mean it will be worth the money.

@robertscianna to be honest, I agree with @SL&AM on the wording part. Especially the part where you said you travel to foreign countries to "show us how the successful gyms do it". It's a completely different playing field here, cheerleading is very young, most programmes are non-profit, we all compete on dead floor, and many programmes don't even have mats to train on. We don't need to know how "successful american gyms does it", because it wouldn't apply to us anyway. Not at this time. I don't know of anyone who would pay like $10.000 a year, that's ridiculous over here. I pay $100 for a year. And there's no such thing as a standing double, heck we barely have any running fulls in Sweden. I'm sure people loved having you and Michael-Eddie here last year. But what you wrote sounds really condescending to me, as if everyone has to do it the american way, or has to do it the big gym way. Maybe we don't want to. Maybe our way is just enough. I think most people attending your clinics are there to meet you and possibly get some tips on their tumbling, not to learn how to run a successful gym.

If this is not what you meant, that's fine, but that is how it came across to me.

@robertscianna to be honest, I agree with @SL&AM on the wording part. Especially the part where you said you travel to foreign countries to "show us how the successful gyms do it". It's a completely different playing field here, cheerleading is very young, most programmes are non-profit, we all compete on dead floor, and many programmes don't even have mats to train on. We don't need to know how "successful american gyms does it", because it wouldn't apply to us anyway. Not at this time. I don't know of anyone who would pay like $10.000 a year, that's ridiculous over here. I pay $100 for a year. And there's no such thing as a standing double, heck we barely have any running fulls in Sweden. I'm sure people loved having you and Michael-Eddie here last year. But what you wrote sounds really condescending to me, as if everyone has to do it the american way, or has to do it the big gym way. Maybe we don't want to. Maybe our way is just enough. I think most people attending your clinics are there to meet you and possibly get some tips on their tumbling, not to learn how to run a successful gym.

If this is not what you meant, that's fine, but that is how it came across to me.

Again, I apologize if the wording of my post came off the wrong way. If you refer back to my original post online, I brought up the fact that I have seen the industry evolve in America. I myself have cheered in a school gymnasium where every practice we would roll out mats by hand just like they're doing in other countries. I've seen the business side of cheerleading evolve from that to big gyms buying out small gyms. I have a lot of helpful knowledge for gym owners who ASK for advice from me. It doesn't matter if your a big gym, small gym or even those that don't have their own gym. I support all programs that grown the sport. I don't consider myself an expert and I certainly don't think every gym should need to be a "mega gym". Every part of the world is different and what works for some may not work for others. When I visit foreign countries, I don't "teach athletes how to run gyms." I teach athletes skills & give them loads of advice & tips from an ATHLETES perspective. I teach them that with hard work and determination they can achieve their dreams. If they ask, I give Coaches and Club Owners advice to prevent their gyms from failing. After camps, gym owners usually talk to me and sometimes ask for advice on what they should do about certain situations ect. The point I'm trying to make is, I have pride in all of the knowledge I've gained from the hard work, research, dedication and time I have put into this sport. I consider myself a hard working athlete and dedicated coach who has been taught well and is passionate about the sport I love so much. I enjoy sharing my passion with the world. I apologize again for any misinterpretations that may or will be perceived from my post.

i have to second this and add that , as great as it is that all these american coaches and choreographers are coming over here to ''help the sport grow'' , we would never be able to afford any of them because it's just too expensive. The amount of money that teams are supposed to pay to have them at their gym is just not feasible in most of Europe. And if i bring someone in, i wanna have him to myself, meaning exclusively coaching my Team, not sharing 5 instructors with 15 other teams.

Back