All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gabi's initial subtweet may or may not have been directed specifically at JP, but he obviously took it personally and his response was severe. Regardless of whether you believe he is genuinely advocating for gym owner safety or that he is just simply annoyed with "cheerlebrities", he stooped to a level to which he never should have gone. I do not know him personally but I have heard some awful things about him that I hope are not true. That's besides the point. That being said, it's time for the "cheerlebrity" superstars to listen up: It's great that you are using your notoriety and cheerleading experience to spread your love for the sport and, more importantly, to make money off of it. No one can fault you for hustling. However, no experienced coach or industry leader worth a grain of salt is jealous of you, your pretty face, or your success. I've seen these phrases flung around social media over the last 24 hours and I can't help but cringe.

It is your coaches and mentors who are responsible for your success. On top of that, there is not a single Worlds medal hanging around your neck that is a more valuable teaching tool than coaching experience and life experience. Just because you worked your butt off in school for 12 years doesn't mean you can become a teacher when you're 18. Respect comes with an education (in school or in life), and it comes with paying your dues, starting at the bottom, and working your way up the totem pole the same way your coaches and thousands of others in this industry have done before you. That's the REALITY of life in this industry and in every industry. There are thousands of experienced, certified adults with a wealth of experience who can coach circles around you yet won't make a dime off of their camps because kids from all over are flocking to see you, mostly to get your picture and autograph, not because they think you can teach them something that their own coach can't. As harsh as this sounds, you're an attraction, almost like a magician at a kid's birthday party. Yes you are passionate about cheer, but you're probably not helping these kids or this industry anymore than the amazing cheerleaders who work as NCA/UCA staffers every summer (and get paid diddly squat for it). You are probably too young to understand that it's insulting for an adult to watch you charge kids and their families 60-100 bucks a pop to learn from a 17-20 year old when more knowledgeable coaches and gym owners are losing money as a result. If improving this industry and its image really is your mission, then you may not understand that it would most likely improve and be taken more seriously if it weren't so driven by fame and celebrity status, which is the image you are perpetuating by selling your image and status as a service. You're all amazing cheerleaders, there's no question, and I know you all have so, so much to give. But if you want respect from your elders in this industry, take a seat for a hot minute, get some real life experience, coach for at least five years, maybe even win some titles, then try this again. I'm certain the industry will then welcome you with open arms and you'll be able to make a true impact.

Last edited:
I don't put past the fact that these kids have the knowledge and skill to teach camps. They've clearly been doing it a lot longer then most, so I will give them that. But I agree with everyone else when it comes to safety, etc. but Also if you plan on making adult like decisions as opening a gym or runnig a camp, please handle it like an adult. Complaining and calling people out on Twitter isnt going to get you the respect you feel you deserve regardless of how much training you've had. Also sexually licking a lollipop in some rap video isn't going to gain you any brownie points with parents.
Yes receiving criticism is hard, but welcome to running a business, cause it won't be the last time you hear it.

Last edited:
I feel like all these cheerlebrities are going to regret spending their last able years in cheer chasing these opportunities. They can wait. Your body only has so many years that it's capable of competing in this sport. You have your entire life to coach or open a gym or front a clothing line or whatever you want to do. But take it from someone who has aged out, (essentially; open teams are kind of out of the question for me) quit rushing to grow out of being an athlete; and more importantly, a kid.

I'm a little late I know, but I don't think 17 has to be the end of a career. I started when I was almost 21, and I'm about to turn 23, and my double full is just beginning to get consistent. Maybe it's because I'm a guy? But I plan to tumble for years to come.

It's losing the respect as a sport because we treat it like an ENTERTAINMENT industry. Get a grip people! Let's stop this non sense!
This is actually the only part of this post I took issue with. I don't get how you can complain about people treating cheerleading as entertainment and put out this music video at the same time... I watched the video and I don't really get an "athletic" vibe from it.

Other than that... I'm fine with the clinics. If people want to pay absurd amounts of money to be able to post on Facebook that Susie was standing next to you or Gabi, then y'all should certainly capitalize on that. I waaaaaaaaay more fault these parents than you.

but he's never been mentioned in a thread here.
I LOLed at this... Sorry. But yeah... He's been mentioned approximately a bazillion times in a kajillion threads... [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Gabi's initial subtweet may or may not have been directed specifically at JP, but he obviously took it personally and his response was severe. Regardless of whether you believe he is genuinely advocating for gym owner safety or that he is just simply annoyed with "cheerlebrities", he stooped to a level to which he never should have gone. I do not know him personally but I have heard some awful things about him that I hope are not true. That's besides the point. That being said, it's time for the "cheerlebrity" superstars to listen up: It's great that you are using your notoriety and cheerleading experience to spread your love for the sport and, more importantly, to make money off of it. No one can fault you for hustling. However, no experienced coach or industry leader worth a grain of salt is jealous of you, your pretty face, or your success. I've seen these phrases flung around social media over the last 24 hours and I can't help but cringe.

It is your coaches and mentors who are responsible for your success. On top of that, there is not a single Worlds medal hanging around your neck that is a more valuable teaching tool than coaching experience and life experience. Just because you worked your butt off in school for 12 years doesn't mean you can become a teacher when you're 18. Respect comes with an education (in school or in life), and it comes with paying your dues, starting at the bottom, and working your way up the totem pole the same way your coaches and thousands of others in this industry have done before you. That's the REALITY of life in this industry and in every industry. There are thousands of experienced, certified adults with a wealth of experience who can coach circles around you yet won't make a dime off of their camps because kids from all over are flocking to see you, mostly to get your picture and autograph, not because they think you can teach them something that their own coach can't. As harsh as this sounds, you're an attraction, almost like a magician at a kid's birthday party. Yes you are passionate about cheer, but you're probably not helping these kids or this industry anymore than the amazing cheerleaders who work as NCA/UCA staffers every summer (and getting paid diddly squat for it). You are probably too young to understand that it's insulting for an adult to watch you charge kids and their families 60-100 bucks a pop to learn from a 17-20 year old when more knowledgeable coaches and gym owners are losing money as a result. If improving this industry and its image really is your mission, then you may not understand that it would most likely improve and be taken more seriously if it weren't so driven by fame and celebrity status, which is the image you are perpetuating by selling your image and status as a service. You're all amazing cheerleaders, there's no question, and I know you all have so, so much to give. But if you want respect from your elders in this industry, take a seat for a hot minute, get some real life experience, coach for at least five years, maybe even win some titles, then try this again. I'm certain the industry will then welcome you with open arms and you'll be able to make a true impact.

Money will never be my motivation with what I do. I had an ENTIRE team of girls at my last camp come up to me on the last day and tell me the impact I made on their body image. I'm not a little girl, I'm a base and I weigh roughly about 140 pounds, but I am strong. This team told me how I taught them strong was beautiful and that its okay to not be a teeny little top girl. I cried. Doing something for the kids and making that impact means more than a million dollars.

Money will never be my motivation with what I do. I had an ENTIRE team of girls at my last camp come up to me on the last day and tell me the impact I made on their body image. I'm not a little girl, I'm a base and I weigh roughly about 140 pounds, but I am strong. This team told me how I taught them strong was beautiful and that its okay to not be a teeny little top girl. I cried. Doing something for the kids and making that impact means more than a million dollars.

Can't shimmy this enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats an amazing story!

Shimmy x1 million!

This is ridiculous. You want to run a clinic or camp fine, that's great, wonderful even. You want to be considered a serious business man or woman, then handle yourself like a business man and get the heck off twitter and go on with your life. You don't see Warren Buffet out there calling people out for criticizing his investment style. You have to learn that hey cheerleading might not be your future career, and if it isn't, then you are going to have to learn that many businesses will check and monitor your social media and it is becoming part of people's contracts that what they say on social media can impact promotions, bonus and even employment. See the Dalhousie Dental Students who were thrown out of school due to what was posted on social media. So you may want to watch your social media.

Also as a mom I don't care how many cheer shows you have been on, how many worlds titles you have or how many scented bows you have, if you are not certified, insured and what I consider a good role model, you will not teach, mentor or guide my child in any way. Being a teacher is so much more than having your double full, activities like this are supposed to teach kids about how to work together as a team, playing the game, being good sports win or lose, how to be healthy and have fun. If you aren't teaching this then no way, no how will my kid be at your clinic.

Also, You talk about cheerleading being a sport and not "entertainment" then don't create music videos where you are suggestively licking a lollipop. It is also really hard to take you as a "serious" business man when you are doing this, by the way.

T

I LOLed at this... Sorry. But yeah... He's been mentioned approximately a bazillion times in a kajillion threads... [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Okay, let me rephrase---he's never been mentioned in a thread I've been in or draw enough attention to make me want to google him. ;p

number one thing here - STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA! even if you feel someone is attacking you! take the higher road and ignore! i promise you - everyone will think a lot more of you and take you serious if you do that.

Yes. All of these people are doing themselves and their careers a disservice by ranting and defending on social media. It's incredibly awkward and unprofessional.

number one thing here - STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA! even if you feel someone is attacking you! take the higher road and ignore! i promise you - everyone will think a lot more of you and take you serious if you do that.

I could not agree more.

Back