All-Star Get Your Bow On

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2012
Hello, I was curious to see if anyone else has experienced a color quality issue with Get Your Bow On. We had ordered bows at the end of September. I had sent color swatches of our practice wear, uniform, and previous bows.

Our colors are navy and gold. I received a proof from Get Your Bow On, and was happy with the result. The colors looked perfect. On the bottom of the trademark, it stated that colors may vary from 3-5 percent. However, to me this looks way more than that percent.

However, upon receiving the bows, they are completely purple. Not a blue-purple hue, but completely purple. Has anyone had this problem? I emailed them tonight upon receiving them. They look bad compared to our uniforms.

I am very unhappy and our first competition is this weekend, so we will be going sans-bows. (Especially considering that one of our biggest competitors is purple and gold!) We ordered 36, with a grand total of $735. This is such an inconvenience and disappointment. I did ask for a refund or redo of the bows. They are still packaged and in the initial box.

Has anyone else had this problem? How should I proceed?
(sorry about the large pictures.)

11snmfn.jpg

2vw9sn5.jpg

hvuu77.jpg

16ghgut.jpg

Last edited:
The bows are gorgeous, but definitely don't match! That is purple! The bow drawn on the invoice looks blue. However, I think the 2nd to last proof you posted reads pretty close to the shade on the actual bow. I think it's definitely in the percentage of color change. If you signed off on that proof, you may be stuck.

Have you tried the bow on with the uniform? Sometimes the colors look worse when they are right next to each other. When the bow is worn, it isn't that close to the fabric, so it may not be as bad on.

Definitely purple. I'll be at the comp you have this weekend. I can let you know if it looks purple from the floor lol.

I'm guessing your biggest competition is UWSP?

ETA: Missed the part where you said you wouldn't be wearing them those weekend.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The bows are gorgeous, but definitely don't match! That is purple! The bow drawn on the invoice looks blue. However, I think the 2nd to last proof you posted reads pretty close to the shade on the actual bow. I think it's definitely in the percentage of color change. If you signed off on that proof, you may be stuck.

Have you tried the bow on with the uniform? Sometimes the colors look worse when they are right next to each other. When the bow is worn, it isn't that close to the fabric, so it may not be as bad on.

It is fairly noticeable still, but maybe if we have big enough poofs, the purple will be hidden with hair? ;)

Definitely purple. I'll be at the comp you have this weekend. I can let you know if it looks purple from the floor lol.

I'm guessing your biggest competition is UWSP?

ETA: Missed the part where you said you wouldn't be wearing them those weekend.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay glad I am not the only one who sees purple. Lol and yes to UWSP, definitely some friendly competition between us.

I am just worried that if we do wear them, and the company wants them back for some reason, they would still need to be packaged. Still haven't heard anything back, will be calling after my classes.

More updates: Sorry it was a crazy competition weekend. We received the bows Friday afternoon- they are absolutely amazing. Completely floored with how gorgeous they are! We could not be more thrilled, and today we received so many compliments on them! The picture doesn't even really do it justice.

2ypdk05.jpg

More updates: Sorry it was a crazy competition weekend. We received the bows Friday afternoon- they are absolutely amazing. Completely floored with how gorgeous they are! We could not be more thrilled, and today we received so many compliments on them! The picture doesn't even really do it justice.

2ypdk05.jpg
*mega heart eyes*

Back