All-Star Getting Backpack To Last..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 19, 2010
Last season I bought the backpack required by my gym for the season--It is a black GTM backpack. Throughout the season it has fallen apart and has rips and tears all over. I now purchased a new one (the same bag), since mine won't hold up for another season.. And was wondering of there are any tips to help make it last.. Any suggestions?

I would suggest the gym buy a bag that will last...I personally wouldn't want to purchase a bag/backpack again if it fell apart in a year. My North Face has lasted through high school and probably will through college as well, while my cheer bag (wasn't really the cutest thing, but still) lasted me the 4 years that I cheered and could keep going.
If you take moderately good care of a backpack, it shouldn't be falling apart after a year IMO.

I would suggest the gym buy a bag that will last...I personally wouldn't want to purchase a bag/backpack again if it fell apart in a year. My North Face has lasted through high school and probably will through college as well, while my cheer bag (wasn't really the cutest thing, but still) lasted me the 4 years that I cheered and could keep going.
If you take moderately good care of a backpack, it shouldn't be falling apart after a year IMO.
I agree, but we're required to have it. So I can't really do anything about it..

My suggestion is dont over stuff it and dont leave it laying around- if you hang it on a hook at home and dont throw it on the floor at competitions it should last.

I only use our gym's gym bag for my kids for competition and they use their own bags for practices. The plus is besides having bags in good condition at practice they use bright colored gym bag and they never have a hard time grabbing their bag and going.

I only use our gym's gym bag for my kids for competition and they use their own bags for practices. The plus is besides having bags in good condition at practice they use bright colored gym bag and they never have a hard time grabbing their bag and going.
For some reason, using two bags never even crossed my mind... Thank you!!! :)

Back