All-Star Getting Caught...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Overage athletes on a j3 team. Owner? Coach? apparently admitted to it.
They only admitted because they got caught. They didn't bother to admit to all the other comps where they did the same thing. Yes, there is evidence & hopefully they will be fully investigated. The poor parents (most of them) have NO clue!!

A program was caught cheating (senior kids on a junior team) at a competition. After the EP alters standings or disqualifies the cheating teams should they be required to notify the USASF and even turn over the proof they have of said cheating?

If multiple teams involved should the whole gym be disqualified or just those team(s) involved?

**if you don't like your gyms values or how they treat your child, leave. Money talks**
I think the whole gym should be disqualified for sheer stupidity! I mean seriously, it takes a genius to cheat knowing that many EP's provide photos, live streaming & video footage of the performances. They busted themselves! Hypothetically of course!! I mean, have you watched the hypothetical video from NCA...HYPOTHETICALLY!!

I think the whole gym should be disqualified for sheer stupidity! I mean seriously, it takes a genius to cheat knowing that many EP's provide photos, live streaming & video footage of the performances. They busted themselves! Hypothetically of course!! I mean, have you watched the hypothetical video from NCA...HYPOTHETICALLY!!
No, actually I haven't.

Wanna guess what is probably the most humorous part of this whole thing is? I'll bet there are parents defending the actions of the owners for knowingly cheating and blame the EP or USASF for enforcing the rules.

No, actually I haven't.

Wanna guess what is probably the most humorous part of this whole thing is? I'll bet there are parents defending the actions of the owners for knowingly cheating and blame the EP or USASF for enforcing the rules.
Oh, yes. I'm almost 100% positive The parents are all drinking the kool-aid & the coaches & owners are playing the victim. Oh, whaaaa... They were done wrong because they weren't allowed to get away with cheating. Of course, it's not going to be THEIR fault that they cheated!! I'm sure they are all a bunch of hypothetical yipping purse dogs!!

Oh, yes. I'm almost 100% positive The parents are all drinking the kool-aid & the coaches & owners are playing the victim. Oh, whaaaa... They were done wrong because they weren't allowed to get away with cheating. Of course, it's not going to be THEIR fault that they cheated!! I'm sure they are all a bunch of hypothetical yipping purse dogs!!

We should invite them to Fierceboard; it's not as if we let the newbie FC parents get away with that garbage. Maybe we can snap a few back into reality and let that plague spread.

I'm glad it happens somewhere. We have been doing this for only about 5 years, but in that time I have seen MANY of those small 5-9 person teams, but have NEVER seen them win, no matter how good they appear to be. They just don't do well.
My Cp's small senior coed 3 team won NCA with 13 people (only 1 boy) 3 years ago. They were also undefeated all season.

It was J3 with more than 1 older kid & S2 with a younger kid. It was not a one time ordeal. The senior team is no longer on the NCA Dallas results & this has apparently occurred @ most comps this year.
As far as I can see, NCA has pulled down the results for that entire division(sr2 DII A) . I'm curious to see what it will look like when they repost. Will they just not be listed like Cheersport did with them, or will they be listed at the bottom as DQ. I think it should show that they were DQ.

I just keep thinking about when that little (not so) league boy was caught and it was all over the news. I mean, okay, cheer isn't baseball but I don't see why the information isn't being made public within the cheer community. I'm not talking headline news, but certainly an article in one of the cheer magazines and some sort of FYI blast out to other coaches/gyms that this is not being tolerated.

I just keep thinking about when that little (not so) league boy was caught and it was all over the news. I mean, okay, cheer isn't baseball but I don't see why the information isn't being made public within the cheer community. I'm not talking headline news, but certainly an article in one of the cheer magazines and some sort of FYI blast out to other coaches/gyms that this is not being tolerated.
I agree. I think people have a right to know. So much is put into allstar cheer (money, time, the blood, sweat & tears of the athletes & the coaches) so when something like this happens it's unfair to everyone. The opposing teams that were cheated & the athletes & unknowing parents of the cheating gym that were also cheated. If a nurse, Doctor or Attorney is disciplined for any reason, it is disclosed publically, the accusation & the disciplinary action. I think parents should be able to make informed decisions & other gyms should be able to be aware. If there is more awareness, people are watching more closely & it would be harder to get away with cheating. I think the watchful eyes of coaches & parents could possibly be more beneficial than requiring picture ID. Because cheer parents don't play!! LoL!!

Back