High School Getting Dedication Back

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 5, 2014
So I'm the captain of the varsity squad at my high school and the squad this year has no dedication. They just don't want to be there anymore. I want to help them find the fire and want again but I don't know how. Do you have any tips or ideas to help with it?

@munkmunk17
What is their skill level? Does it improve throughout the season, or does it remain stagnant? Are they conditioning a lot? Are they disciplined? Maybe you could make a skill chart and hand it out to each girl, and arrange for prizes to be given out for attaining skills (with PERFECT technique). Or track each girl's progress with her jump height, flexibility, strength, etc. and give a prize to the most improved girl.

The squad is extremely talented but they just don't want to be there. Partly it's our coaches fault. She's only there for the title. She doesn't even come to our Friday night games. Her attitude at practice has rubbed off on the girls.

The squad is extremely talented but they just don't want to be there. Partly it's our coaches fault. She's only there for the title. She doesn't even come to our Friday night games. Her attitude at practice has rubbed off on the girls.
That's sad. The best advice I can offer is to try to be a driven as you can and hope that they'll follow in your footsteps.

Good luck!

You can try a team bonding type of night where you watch some really talented high school or college teams at nationals. I coach some pretty young kids so I'm not sure if it will work for older kids, but when the all star kids start getting that way, I have a highlight reel sort of thing of some of my favorite worlds routines. Watching the really good teams always gets them excited and they try harder. At least for a little while haha

Back