All-Star Getting New Teams Noticed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15407
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry didn't paste fully, let me try again!!!

15. Athletes must have at least one foot, hand or body part (other than hair) on the performing surface when the
routine begins.
Exception: Athletes may have their feet in the hands of base(s) if the base(s) hands are resting on the
performing surface.
Ahhhhhh. I understand. Thats strange, the judges didn't catch that! They got 1st in all 3 comps!

Even if they caught it, it may have been a minimal deduction, shame on the coaches for not changing it!
Yea! The coach is like amazing though! (Shes only 20) so she probably didn't know that rule!

Come on people...leave the kid alone! I can understand the confusion. I had a friend who's cp was on a Sr2 team and she posted pictures on her facebook with the caption "My daughter is a World Champion!" Evidently when you win IALC they crown you a "world champion" in whatever division you are. I have had to explain to more than one person the difference between "Worlds" and "All levels Worlds".
As for the original question...just ask gbeliteallstars. The last year that Juniors were at Worlds, Green Bay wasn't even on most people's radars for getting a bid. Not only did they win a bid but they took bronze. All of a sudden they became the best thing to come out of Wisconsin next to cheese...lol
It's not just Worlds though, you make a name by winning. If your team is undefeated...don't worry someone somewhere is talking about you!

Next time someone should tag me, I really don't have time to read every thread and unfortunately i missed this one. You guys crack me up ....

Anyways good luck with your team this upcoming season!:) just keep working and don't give up.

EmmeCheer(: - Have you heard of NW Silverstars in Bellingham? They have level 3 and level4 teams. I think that would be much closer to you than driving down all the way to Bellevue to go to Connect, although a couple years when I was coaching there we definately had kids carpooling down from Arlington and Marysville. You are actually still young enough to have years ahead of you to perfect your skills and get to that elite level (I didn't start until I was 18!!). Your program is in it's first year and has the potential to do very well, it just needs to grow. I currently coach at NWX and you guys beat our level 2 team at Spirit cheer but it was a well deserved first place, we love having legit competition that push us to do harder skills and challenge us.
IMO, you might want to stay with your gym and grow with them instead of jumping ship right away to go to one of the big "powerhouse" gyms in WA just because of their name and have alot of teams. You guys have alot of potential.

If you ever have any questions about ANYTHING, feel free to private message me. I get bored at work all the time, so I tend to spend a fair amount of time on here...

EmmeCheer:) - Have you heard of NW Silverstars in Bellingham? They have level 3 and level4 teams. I think that would be much closer to you than driving down all the way to Bellevue to go to Connect, although a couple years when I was coaching there we definately had kids carpooling down from Arlington and Marysville. You are actually still young enough to have years ahead of you to perfect your skills and get to that elite level (I didn't start until I was 18!!). Your program is in it's first year and has the potential to do very well, it just needs to grow. I currently coach at NWX and you guys beat our level 2 team at Spirit cheer but it was a well deserved first place, we love having legit competition that push us to do harder skills and challenge us.
IMO, you might want to stay with your gym and grow with them instead of jumping ship right away to go to one of the big "powerhouse" gyms in WA just because of their name and have alot of teams. You guys have alot of potential.

If you ever have any questions about ANYTHING, feel free to private message me. I get bored at work all the time, so I tend to spend a fair amount of time on here...
Oh really? I don't cheer at Total Impact, but i thought maybe? I might just start out on Total Impact and then go to better teams when i get better

This is no offense to anyone who wants to go to worlds for the experience, but that is not why they have the competition. Look at why it was formed and how it was formed. It is suppose to be the best of the best not as a way to experience something because others get to.
It is one thing if you are an international team and you want to come to the US for the experience of competing against US teams.

Late to reply, but: I tend to agree with you. In the future, I would love for worlds to take on a more professional atmosphere. A competition that truly consists of only the heavy hitters. But is this even possible? Even if you start cutting the amount of teams getting bids, there are still clear front runners, and there will still be those teams who go knowing they will lose. And they'll always tell you it was for the "experience." Sadly, I'm not sure if anything can be done about experience seekers.

Oh really? I don't cheer at Total Impact, but i thought maybe? I might just start out on Total Impact and then go to better teams when i get better
Ok I have to ask. You state that you don't cheer for Total Impact... but you state under your avitar your location as Total Impact! Woot Woot.. :help: is it just me or is that kinda confusing...

Ok I have to ask. You state that you don't cheer for Total Impact... but you state under your avitar your location as Total Impact! Woot Woot.. :help: is it just me or is that kinda confusing...
I don't cheer for them, because i'm NOT on allstars yet. That is the team i am GOING to....... I stated THAT in a previous comment/post thing.

I'll say it one more time - let every senior level 5/open 6 team go to worlds if they wish provided they compete in "x" number of bid giving comps. Require any teams that don't get a paid bid to compete a day earlier in prelims on Friday. Top 20% from prelims gets to compete with paid bid winners on Saturday/Sunday. This allows teams that want to attend worlds to do so for the "experience" and a chance to compete with the big boys and girls but keeps field from getting watered down.

I'm not new to cheer. Its my 8th year. I just did it for fun. Was on a rec team. I'm now in All star :)
I don't cheer for them, because i'm NOT on allstars yet. That is the team i am GOING to....... I stated THAT in a previous comment/post thing.
tumblr_m1w6lr89my1qay0w4.gif

What is going on here?

Back